Media Center: Video decoder is in use by another application...

Learning@discussions.microsoft.com Still Learning

Oct 26, 2007, 4:39:02 PM10/26/07
This is my first time joining a newsgroup, so please excuse me if I'm in the
wrong place or something...my problem is that my Media Center has quit
playing live tv. I get a message that says the video decoder is in use by
another application. Please turn off all other applications and restart
MediaCenter. The problem is that there are no other applications running.
This is driving me crazy...DVDs play fine and shows that I've previously
recorded on MCE playback fine. I've downloaded Windows DecCheck and it says
everything's ok. Can somebody please help?!?!

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Oct 29, 2007, 11:34:39 AM10/29/07

I don't really know that much about media center. You might find more
help by visiting media center specific newsgroups, which are listed on
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/mediacenter.mspx
"most active media center newsgroups"

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2007
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

Still Learning

Oct 30, 2007, 1:43:03 PM10/30/07
Thanks for the response and the direction. I was able to find that there was
an update that I needed (I'm also having problems installing my automatic
updates). Once in got that installed, everything worked fine!

Thanks, again,
Still Learning

Betty

Nov 16, 2007, 5:22:01 PM11/16/07