How can I stop Windows Media Player 11 from accessing my Flash dri

已查看 508 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

RichG

未读,
2008年1月4日 18:22:012008/1/4
收件人
When I connect my Flash drive to my system, WMP 11 tries to access the drive
such that I cannot safely remove the drive without closing WMP. I do not
want WMP to sync nor even access this device.

The Sync settings under the properties of the Flash drive under the
“DEVICES” tab, are as follows…

* Create folder hierarchy on device = unchecked
* Start sync when device connects = grayed out

How can I stop Windows Media Player 11 from accessing my Flash drive?

Dale

未读,
2008年1月5日 09:19:012008/1/5
收件人
With your flash drive NOT plugged in, try going to Tools->Options and then
the devices tab. Right-click your flash drive and choose Stop Synchronizing
- or whatever it says like that.

Dale

RichG

未读,
2008年1月5日 12:45:002008/1/5
收件人
Excuse me - how can I select the Flash drive when it is NOT plugged in?

With no Flash drive plugged in, the Devices tab naturally does not list a
flash drive as available. Additionally, I do not see any option that states
"Stop Synchronizing".

Any other suggestions?

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

未读,
2008年1月7日 13:48:082008/1/7
收件人
Yes, it's actually staggeringly hard to comprehend. How it works is
this : The popup box for 'end sync partnership' is only available when
it's plugged in, true.

You have to get that box up (Sync -> (device) -> End Sync Partnership)
and you get the dialog which says briefly 'If you want to delete all
info,click No and disconnect' after seeing the notice about some
information remaining in media player afterwards.

Of course most people would click No, disconnect the device, try again
and then can't get the dialog back up.

What it should say, is to unplug the device while the dialog is *up*,
then click Yes. Once the device is re-inserted it asks again to create
a sync relationsip - you can then click the 'Don't show me this page
again' box which should prevent the popup when it's inserted.

The device settings are held as a reference to the library it's synced
with, in a file in the top level of the device - WMPInfo.xml

Leave that in place and you shouldn't be asked again - though WMP will
still recognise it as a device it should stop bugging you.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

Digital Media MVP : 2004-2008
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs