Windows Media Player 11 has stopped working-Vista

1 view

Yoitstehkp

Jun 17, 2009, 12:57:01 AM6/17/09
I recently upgraded my CPU from an Amd Athlon FX dual core to a AMD PhenomII
x4.

As soon as I restarted my computer I tried to start WMP 11 and as soon as it
pops up it says "Windows Media Player has stopped working" then no solution
was found and it closes the program

I have heard that this might be because i just changed processors, but im
not seeing a fix to this problem any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7004
Application Timestamp: 49472063
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 474eb181
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000b28a1
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d17f
Additional Information 2: c9f2c626cd78e22786252c6b26cf7d75
Additional Information 3: 3998
Additional Information 4: ffe7982e6f365e737e49ecb80c1cf1f9

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1324122282

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Jun 18, 2009, 5:56:59 AM6/18/09
Changing certain hardware in the PC (including CPU, network card and
hard disk) can change the 'signature' of the PC. It's a process called
invididualisation, which identifies the PC uniquely so providers can
sell you DRM protected tracks.

The crash you've seen never seems to sort itself out properly without
intervention - if you close WMP and all your web browsers, then open a
single copy of Internet Explorer and visit this page :
http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp

Is the button there clickable ? If you hit 'Upgrade' and it succeeds,
is the music playable now ? If not - take a look at ZachD's
instructions on how to reset the DRM system on your PC :
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv

HTH
Cheers - Neil

Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

Yoitstehkp

Jun 18, 2009, 5:21:01 PM6/18/09
Wow, thankyou so much. what I ended up doing was going to the
http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp link after I put
my original processor back in and upgrading. Then i reinstalled the new
processor and it worked. This helps a lot.
Thanks again.

Joey G.

Mar 2, 2010, 4:12:01 PM3/2/10

I cannot understand how I go about having my questin answered. Can some one
enlighten me with a simple solution? Thanks
--
Joey Gall

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Mar 3, 2010, 6:32:01 PM3/3/10
Hi Joey - are you "Yoistehkp", the original poster, below ?
If not, you probably have a specific but entirely different question.

It's best to start a new conversation (thread) rather than try to
hijack unrelated discussions, as your messge will tend to be buried in
the other conversation.

When asking for help, the best approach is to be as specific as
possible in describing your problem - including what type of file or
content you're trying to access (e.g. online in a web page, a DVD
disk, playing a CD, accesing music or video tracks in your PC's media
library and so on)

Also try to describe as well as you can, what steps you that led up to
you encountering a problem.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:12:01 -0800, Joey G.
<Jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I cannot understand how I go about having my questin answered. Can some one
>enlighten me with a simple solution? Thanks

Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs