problem in setting WINCEROOT

san

Apr 5, 2005, 11:11:09 AM4/5/05

I replaced three folders from Windows CD 5.0 installation(PUBLIC,PLATFOR and
PBWorkspaces) . Then while starting the PB it is showing that WINCEROOT is
not set or invalid. Then i tried to set the WINCEROOT as my WINCE500 folder,
but it is not accepting it as as root. Let me know more details about setting
the root, HOW PB checking the WINCEROOT.

Thanks in advance
San

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)

Apr 5, 2005, 4:19:33 PM4/5/05
How did you set it?

--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer

Applied Data Systems
www.applieddata.net
An ISO 9001:2000 Registered Company
Microsoft WEP Gold-level Member

"san" <s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

san

Apr 5, 2005, 11:43:02 PM4/5/05

I tried it through the PB Menu Tools -> Options ->Build Tab -> Default OS
Build Tree Box.

-San

Steve Maillet (eMVP)

Apr 6, 2005, 7:30:25 AM4/6/05
Is the root a valid location (e.g. is there actually an installation at that
location?)

--
Steve Maillet
EmbeddedFusion

san

Apr 6, 2005, 11:41:03 AM4/6/05

It is not working because i replaced the public folder. I want to know how
PB checks the WINCEROOT,whic file. My intension is to add a new BSP, which is
on the way of development.

-San

Steve Maillet (eMVP)

Apr 6, 2005, 1:14:14 PM4/6/05
It checks lot's of files to make sure the right stuff is there(Although it's
by no means a complete check). You can't delete or replace the public folder
or the build will break. You don't need to do that to add a BSP. Just add
the BSP to the Platform directory.

Steve Maillet (eMVP)

Apr 6, 2005, 6:42:45 PM4/6/05
PB looks for The following files and folders to validate the WINCEROOT:
_WINCEROOT\public
_WINCEROOT\platform
_WINCEROOT\sdk
_WINCEROOT\others
_WINCEROOT\public\common
_WINCEROOT\public\common\oak
_WINCEROOT\public\common\oak\misc
_WINCEROOT\public\common\oak\files
_WINCEROOT\public\common\oak\catalog

_WINCEROOT\public\Common\oak\misc\wince.bat
_WINCEROOT\public\Common\oak\misc\blddemo.bat
_WINCEROOT\public\Common\oak\files\codepage.txt
_WINCEROOT\public\Common\oak\files\locale.txt

Obviously this is not an exhaustive verification that the WINCEROOT contains
everything necessary to run a build.

san

Apr 7, 2005, 6:23:01 AM4/7/05

Thank you for the responses.