CE 6.0 and PlatMan remote tools

no.direct.replies.please

Jun 28, 2007, 10:51:23 AM6/28/07
I'm attempting to connect to a CE 6.0 device (custom OSDesign/BSP, ARM
target) with remote tools using ActiveSync 4.5. The CoreCon tools
(Program Files->VS2005->Remote Tools) work just fine, so I assume my
ActiveSync connection and my device are working properly. However, I
have a need to do performance profiling and I am told that the older
PlatMan versions of Performance Monitor / Kernel Tracker / Call
Profiler still can work with CE 6.0 devices. However, when I start
any of the PlatMan remote tools up and connect using ActiveSync as
both transport and startup, I get "The Microsoft ActiveSync reported
the following error: Unable to load device side components".

I searched the web for this error and found lots of information about
Mobile/SmartPhone SDK and signing issues, however this is a custom SDK
and we're not using any kind of signing that I'm aware of. I also
know that there are some installation order problems, however I've
reinstalled in this order: VS2005, PB 6.0, VS2005 SP1, PB 6.0 SP1.

My other clue comes from the event viewer - I can see the following
messages in the "CE Tools" event log when I startup the PlatMan remote
tools:

Looking for files in package cemgrc.exe with arch=5, cpu=0x920,
processor level = 0, OS = 6.0
No matching files found for package cemgrc.exe
Looking for files in package cetlstub.dll with arch=5, cpu=0x920,
processor level = 0, OS = 6.0
No matching files found for package cetlstub.dll
CConnectionManager::ReportAction type=SERVER_FAIL msg=M hr=0x80004018

It appears that it's trying to find the correct files to send to the
remote device, but it doesn't think it can find a match. Has anyone
seen this issue or have any tips on how to get PlatMan tools working?
Thanks!

Yan Sun [MS]

Jun 28, 2007, 3:02:13 PM6/28/07

The log indicated device side binaries are missing under "C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows CE
Tools\Platman\target\wce600\armV4". The workaround solution is to create
folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows CE
Tools\Platman\target\wce600\armV4" on your machine, and copy all binaries
from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows CE
Tools\Platman\target\wce600\armV4i".
This should solve this problem.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Thanks

yan

"no.direct.replies.please" <joss...@gmail.com> wrote in message

no.direct.replies.please