embedded VC++ 4.0 installation problem

chitra

Jun 15, 2005, 5:18:01 PM6/15/05
I installed embedded VC++ 4.0 and after installation, I get the message

Virtual PC/Windows CE Emulator
A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This
driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update
that is compatible with this version of Windows.

I am not sure how to get past this. My OS is Windows XP and service pack 2

Nick Warrington

Jun 24, 2005, 12:39:48 PM6/24/05

Hi Chitra

You need to remove the /pae and /noexecute in your boot.ini file. To do
this try

Click Start->Run
type sysdm.cpl
Click the Advanced tab
go to the startup and recovery dialog
click edit
on the last line of the boot.ini
remove the /pae and /noexecute options (I have in there a /execute
option but I'm not sure if it's needed)
save this, click OK, OK, reboot and it should work.

If anyone more expert than me can see any problems with doing this then
please post it here :)

Nick

J Garcia

Jun 24, 2005, 1:05:20 PM6/24/05
Also, I just got a computer with a 64-bit processor which does not support
the emulator. That could be the problem if not the previous reply.

"chitra" <chi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

charlie

Jun 29, 2005, 2:06:03 AM6/29/05
Hello all,
Due to my failure of creating new question in this page, I aapended a
question here.

1) I am going to write applications for XP embedded, what development kit
should I use? EVC3.0, EVC4.0 or Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 ( C++ ) or else?

2) For XP embedded, I just use the normal C/C++/MFC/Win32 APIs, is that
right? Anything special for XP embedded?

3) For Windows XP Embedded, does this OS have EAP protocols built in? I need
to configure this section in this OS.

Thanks,
Regards
Charlie

Enrico Richter

Jun 29, 2005, 5:32:35 AM6/29/05
charlie schrieb:
hi,

you can use ms-vs 2003 too. embedded xp is a fully functional (but
smaller constructed) xp version.

hope that helps.
Enrico

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)

Jun 29, 2005, 9:14:04 AM6/29/05
Charlie:

You will find better answers if you ask this in an XPe newsgroup, this
newsgroup is for Windows CE which is very different.

--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer

Applied Data Systems