Workarea

Andreas Klein

Mar 12, 2002, 9:23:58 AM3/12/02

I need to know how to determine the usable work area on my mobile device.
I“ve tried GetSystemMetrics and SystemParametersInfo (SPI_GETWORKAREA...),
but that doesn“t seem to work. The lower task bar (on the pocket pc
emulator) still overlaps my dialog.

I also need to know how to react on enabling/disabling the virtual keyboard.

Thx for any hints

Andreas

BTW: Are there any guides for a GUI framework?

Rick C

Mar 12, 2002, 10:47:25 AM3/12/02
As far as I can tell, CE 'cheats' with the Pocket PC. If you look at the
'HelloWord' program you'll see MENU_HEIGHT defined as 26. This is the height
of the menu (and command bars). If you make your window or dialog with full
screen dimensions (GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN)), then you have to make its
top coord MENU_HEIGHT and height = GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN) -
MENU_HEIGHT ( * 2 if you have a bottom command bar).

"Andreas Klein" <akl...@buhl-data.com> wrote in message