Windows CE 5 emulator

Alain Dekker

Mar 22, 2011, 8:15:15 AM3/22/11
I'm using the Windows CE 5 emulator and Visual Studio 2005 to deploy a C#
app to it. It does work fine, but it is amazingly slow. Its not a tiny app
(about 12MB in total with all EXEs and DLLs) but still, the 5-6 minutes it
takes to build (even when nothing has changed) and deploy is excruciating
when you just want to check if some minor change has worked.

Are there any handy tips to speed up either the build, deploy time? Is there
anything I can do to make the emulator run faster (it quite slow and
clunky)?

Thanks,
Alain