sockets performance windows ce

Igor Golikov

Aug 12, 2010, 5:03:29 AM8/12/10
Hi all
I am using .net cf 3.5 for tcp communication between 2 processes on
the same device.
I have a situatuin when if I am sending 40k of data as one message it
takes A LOT OF TME - about 40 sec.
But if I send 10 times 4k it takes about 7 seconds.
When I run the SAME client process on PC and server process still runs
on the device it works very fast (sending 10 times 4k is about 3
secs).

My guess is that there is a configuration of socket buffers./ max msg
length that may be done. Or there is a limitation in win ce sockets?
I have read some articles about tcpwindowsize (mine is set to 32K by
default), socket send and receive buffers (set to 8K by win ce, I have
tried to change it to 32K - no improvement).

I will appreciate any info regarding the problem described.
Thanks