windows fax and scan

周瑜

Apr 12, 2007, 1:10:05 AM4/12/07
I upgrade my XP PRO to VISTA, and I can's use "windows fax and scan" on vista
now. It appears that "Windows fax and scan cannot run as it cannot access
your documents folder.Please ensure that windows fax and scan can access that
folder". Because I had changed my documents folder's position to "D:\", I
guess it was reason. I try to give my account the max permission of my
documents folder, but it cannot work yet.
Please tell me how to deal with this matter, thanks a lot.
--
Allan Zhou

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Apr 13, 2007, 5:12:58 PM4/13/07
Did you give the fax and scanned documents folder full permissions as well?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"??" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

周瑜

Apr 15, 2007, 11:54:01 AM4/15/07
sure, I give my documents full permissions.
--
Allan Zhou

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Apr 15, 2007, 12:44:37 PM4/15/07
Not what I asked. Those folders are not included in your Documents Folder.
They are in <drive>:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"周瑜" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

sathai

Apr 27, 2007, 7:17:10 AM4/27/07

Sorry but I don't understand and how to give premission to
<drive>:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax, my situation is the
same as Allan. Russ please can your explain me in a bit details on how
do I overcome this problem,

Thank you every much in advance

James

--
sathai

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Apr 27, 2007, 11:05:39 AM4/27/07
Restate your problem or quote the original post.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"sathai" <sathai...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

sathai

Apr 27, 2007, 11:29:59 AM4/27/07

Well I just upgraded to Windows Vista, and that all my document are in
d:\ so then I redirect the document location to d:\. but when I try to
open Windows Fax and Scan it will not open, and telling me this
statement;

"Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents
folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can access that folder."

How do I correct this problem? please give in step-by-stey, due to that
I don't follow in computer that much.

Thank you every much in advance,

James

--
sathai

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Apr 27, 2007, 1:15:34 PM4/27/07
Did you place your Documents in your root folder?
Don't.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"sathai" <sathai...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

sathai

Apr 27, 2007, 1:53:27 PM4/27/07

yes, document is point to root of d:\

--
sathai

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Apr 27, 2007, 2:16:22 PM4/27/07
Don't put it there. Create a Folder and put your Documents there.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"sathai" <sathai...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

Paul

Jul 19, 2007, 7:24:22 AM7/19/07
Dear Russ and Sathai

I had the same problem. I found out it was caused by this: I had redirected
my folder <username>/documents to my D-partition. Windows Fax and Scan can
not follow that. All sorts of giving rights and ownership did not work.

Solution 1:
- I made a new user account in Vista (I calles it Fax-user)
- I did not change anything for that new user
- Windows Fax and Scan works
- So I just go to user Fax-user in case I want to send a fax

Solution 2:
You could delete your original user, make a new one that you will always
use. And you do not change the location of your documents for that user.
(Reinstalling software then probably is a lot of work).

Good luck

Paul

pb...@deletefornospampbles.com
====================

"sathai" <sathai...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jul 19, 2007, 4:48:35 PM7/19/07
It is well documented that WFS cannot find your Documents folder when you
place it in the root of a drive.
Simply place it anywhere but the root.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Paul" <x...@y.com> wrote in message

gocat2005

Apr 2, 2008, 5:40:00 AM4/2/08
Hi

I have the same error on Vista Ultimate SP1. I too have moved Documents to
E:\Documents and given everyone full permission to the fax and scanned
documents folders.

After 2 hours struggling I read Paul's solution which works fine.

What a load of rubbish. I only need to send one fax every blue moon. It
should just work.

And while I'm having a rant - unzipping files still takes ages with Vista
SP1 but with a third party utility the same file takes 1 second to unzip.
Rubbish.

Regards
Graham

gocat2005