Slow responce.

Patrick Casher

Jun 5, 2007, 9:42:43 AM6/5/07
Windows mail slow response especially when first starting. I can live with
it on my laptop but wife is complaining about desktop an I thinking of
having her use web mail. Does number of saved emails have anything to do
with it? Transferred a lot from XP Express. Also notice when switching
from on newsgroup to another and there are a lot of posts it takes a while.
Thanks in advance.

wannabe123

Jun 6, 2007, 11:25:01 AM6/6/07
I am having the same problem.I don't think it is related to the number of
saved messages in Windows Mail because I only have 1 or 2 and keep everything
deleted that I don't want to keep.This started about three weeks or a month
ago.The program was flawless and very quick till something happened that
slowed Windows Mail down on this Vista OS.I have noticed though that if you
go through all the folders after opening the mail the first time and wait
till they open then leave the program open after that it seems to move faster
the rest of the day but still not as it should.
--
Mark Cason

Patrick Casher

Jun 10, 2007, 7:41:58 AM6/10/07
Oh the laptop is an HP with AMD X2 TL50 1.6gig with 1gig ram and the desktop
is an HP with AMD X2 3800+ 2.0gig with 1 gig ram. Both running Vista Home
Premium.

"Patrick Casher" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Peter in New Zealand

Jun 10, 2007, 5:25:20 PM6/10/07
"Patrick Casher" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Hi. Re slowing down of Windows Mail, I am noticing the same thing, and I'm
on IMAP, so messages are not stored locally. I tried compacting the
newsgroups but it didn't seem to make any difference. Love to know if anyone
more experienced than me can come up with a solution.

--
Peter in New Zealand. (Pull the plug out to reply.)
Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter, and

Cheyenne

Jun 11, 2007, 6:20:14 PM6/11/07
Open Windows Calender and then close it after a couple of minutes.

"Peter in New Zealand" <peterb...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

keencyclist

Jun 12, 2007, 6:37:32 PM6/12/07

If this helps anyone I found by uninstalling update KB931768 vista mail
works super fast. Dont know why or how important that update is but I
personaly like it all to work fast.

--
keencyclist
keencyclist's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26642

http://forums.techarena.in

Jo

Jun 12, 2007, 11:00:00 PM6/12/07
I tried uninstalling that update and had all kinds of problems with Outlook
that I couldn't solve. I had to do a system restore. I now find that
Outlook performs ok if I start it with the mail screen rather than the inbox
screen, but Windows Mail is still snail like. It is like working on a 10
year old computer...and I have a new computer with a Core 2 duo processor, 2
GB memory and scads of HD space. It's painful to write or read anything
using it.

Gary VanderMolen

Jun 13, 2007, 12:42:08 AM6/13/07
I seem to recall that this issue was solved quite a few weeks ago.
The slowness is caused by Spybot and similar third party programs
adding thousands of sites to the Restricted Sites list in IE.

Gary VanderMolen

keencyclist

Jun 13, 2007, 2:06:38 AM6/13/07

Excellent stuff about Spybot, searching the web I found out if you undo
the immunise in sbybot all works fine. I then just uninstalled Spybot.

Jo

Jun 13, 2007, 9:04:00 AM6/13/07
I don't have Spybot installed and my windows mail is still extremely slow
unless I first go to the calendar page. I no longer have the problem on
Outlook, so that seems to have been fixed.

Patrick Casher

Jun 13, 2007, 7:38:20 PM6/13/07
I think I would rather live with the problem or use an alternative program
then compromise security patches or my restricted sites protection.

"Jo" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Jun 13, 2007, 8:44:55 PM6/13/07
Smart move. Much of the third party security software is not
yet fully compatible with Vista.

Gary VanderMolen

Gary VanderMolen

Jun 13, 2007, 8:47:15 PM6/13/07
According to Microsoft, the restricted sites protection is
inappropriately used by Spybot, hence the incompatibility.

Gary VanderMolen

Jo

Jun 13, 2007, 9:42:00 PM6/13/07
It seems to me that all Spybot does is add lots of sites to IE Explorer's
restricted site list. I have another program that did the same thing. I
don't see how that is different from adding them yourself. And I wonder why
having 1000's of sites in that list should slow down the mail program, which
isn't trying to access internet sites. All I'm trying to do it type an email
or display an email previously downloaded. It is also strange that entering
the calendar program once per session solves the slowdown. But it does!

KristleBawl

Jun 13, 2007, 10:00:18 PM6/13/07
Because the mail program has security set to the shared browser restricted
zone by default.

KB

"Jo" wrote in message

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Jun 13, 2007, 10:02:35 PM6/13/07
"Jo" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

It's not IE's restricted sites, but adding restrictions to Registry keys
disallowing any changes.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

Jo

Aug 9, 2007, 12:20:00 PM8/9/07
I don't have KB931768 on my computer, nor do I have Spybot or Spyware
Blaster. I have read that the problem could be caused by one of the junk mail
filters. However, I don't know how to uninstall these. Can you please advise?

Looking at my list of updates, I realilze that the problem with Windows Mail
began even before I installed any of these updates. I am perplexed and losing
over an hour of productivity every day, just waiting for Windows Mail to
respond.

Thank you for any wisdom you can impart.

Jo Frustrated

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 9, 2007, 3:24:02 PM8/9/07
Why continue being perplexed by WM problems?
Just upgrade to WLM:
http://get.live.com/betas/maildesktop_betas

Gary VanderMolen

Jo

Aug 9, 2007, 5:42:10 PM8/9/07
The only reason I have not Vista removed from my new computer is because my
tech is on vacation. Now maybe I won't need to. I still have a major issue
with the DEP shutting down IE, but solving the e-mail problem was the biggest
part of my frustration since my business requires me to handle about 100
e-mails each day. With 20- to 30-second delays on each message, you can
understand my unhappiness. You may have solved my problem. I had not heard of
Windows Live Mail. On your advice, I just downloaded it and it is
lightning-fast . It did not import my sent mail, only incoming mail. I hope I
can handle that. Also, I still have to import my contacts list, as well as
e-mails that are on another computer--but these are just details. Windows
Mail was always slow, even when it was new and there were no messages in the
folders.Windows Live Mail seems far superior. I hope it will continue to be
so. Thank you so much for the lead.
--
Jo Frustrated

brink

Aug 9, 2007, 6:39:12 PM8/9/07

Hi Everyone,

You might check here to see if one of these solutions will work for you
on this slow Windows Mail issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72674-windows-mail-slow.html

Shawn

--
brink

_http://www.vistax64.com/ (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 9, 2007, 7:16:01 PM8/9/07
Thanks for being another successful WLM adopter.
I get paid $1 each. (Just kidding)

Gary VanderMolen