Disable Communities feature

HankL

Aug 11, 2009, 11:54:08 AM8/11/09

I continue to receive a dialogue box asking for my password and E-Mail
address. When I put it in the box nothing happens.
Could you please give me step by step instructions as to how to disable the
Communities feature in Windows Mail?
--
Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

mac

Aug 11, 2009, 12:06:48 PM8/11/09

"HankL" <hla...@bendbroadband.com> wrote in message

Tools>Options>General tab, disable Use newsgroup rating feature.>apply>OK.
Or:
Tools>accounts>select the communities account>properties>Windows Live ID
tab>tick the box that suits.

If you disable the first option, the second one will be gone.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Aug 11, 2009, 5:03:44 PM8/11/09
mac wrote:
>> I continue to receive a dialogue box asking for my password and E-Mail
>> address. When I put it in the box nothing happens.
>> Could you please give me step by step instructions as to how to disable
>> the Communities feature in Windows Mail?
>> --
>> Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,
>>
>> HankL
>
> Tools>Options>General tab, disable Use newsgroup rating feature.>apply>OK.
> Or:
> Tools>accounts>select the communities account>properties>Windows Live ID
> tab>tick the box that suits.
>
> If you disable the first option, the second one will be gone.

@ _mac: In case you're wondering, see
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/d78439e6a478a203

HankL

Aug 11, 2009, 5:38:50 PM8/11/09

thanks for your assistance and support.

HankL
" mac" <mack...@fsmail.net> wrote in message

mac

Aug 11, 2009, 7:47:38 PM8/11/09

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

So it's your fault, you sent him here :-)

Pleased to help.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Aug 11, 2009, 9:32:52 PM8/11/09
<say goodnight mac>