vista up grade problem

Tony Cooper

May 17, 2007, 9:23:39 PM5/17/07
I am installing Vista over xp2 The system stops installation with error
> 0x80ff0000 the error message reads " Windows could not set the offline
> locale information
> Errorcode 0x80FF0000

Any help would be appreciated

Tony Cooper

Michael A. Covington

May 17, 2007, 10:04:04 PM5/17/07
"Tony Cooper" <tcm...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

A good tactic is to Google the error message. Doing that, I found this:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=681323&SiteID=17

I see you're in Australia. Your computer probably defaulted to a time zone
far away from the correct one, and midnight may have rolled over (in one
zone or the other), changing the date during the installation process. That
is said to be one of the causes of the problem. They also give a link to
download an update from Microsoft.

jbh

Jun 8, 2008, 5:16:28 PM6/8/08

im new on here found the site by doing a google search on the error code
im getting when trying to install vista on to a advent laptop. now the
machine was running vista and i know theres not a problem with my disk
as ive used it previously to install vista on to my other laptop and my
desktop. ive tried checking the bios time and date ive also cleared the
hard drive completely and tried to do a fresh install of vista to which
im getting the same error code "windows could not set the offline locale
information"

is there any ideas on this yet ?

--
jbh