Can't install certain programs even after disabling Windows Instal

davidoncoast

Oct 27, 2007, 4:35:00 PM10/27/07
I am trying to install Netflicks Movie Veiwer and got the "The system
administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" message. I read
thru all the post and followed instructions on how to disable Windows
Installer and it's still a no go. Here is the kicker. My wife installed it
with no problem on her machine! I use Vista Ultimate, she has Vista Premium.
Any suggestions?
P.S. Is this one of the issues Microsoft will fix in the comming SP1?

Meinolf Weber

Oct 27, 2007, 4:47:27 PM10/27/07
Hello davidoncoast,

I f you disable the installer you can't install software that ends with .msi.
So enable the service and maybe you have to use the RUN AS function to install
it.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

P. Di Stolfo

Oct 27, 2007, 4:53:15 PM10/27/07
Hello,

what if you try starting the setup by right-clicking the program and
selecting "Run as administrator"?
For the second, I don't think that this should be of concern for a fix.

Hope this will help you.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"davidoncoast" <davido...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:90606401-F120-46B8...@microsoft.com...

davidoncoast

Oct 27, 2007, 7:21:00 PM10/27/07
The install file does not have a RUN AS function and I tried all the
different settings in the Group Policy Object Editor for the Windows
Installer setting. No luck. Help!