Disable Clipboard on the RDP client.

Jon

Feb 20, 2007, 11:59:30 AM2/20/07
I need to disable the clipboard on a RDP session on the XP client side
only. I have no control over GP on the terminal server.

There is a registry entry for disabling drive redirection, ie:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\

DisableDriveRedirection REG_DWORD 1

Is there a similar registry entry for disabling the clipboard.

Thanks for any ideas.

Jon

TP

Feb 20, 2007, 3:46:13 PM2/20/07
To disable it for the entire workstation, add the following:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\

DisableClipboardRedirection REG_DWORD 1

-TP

Jon

Feb 20, 2007, 4:28:08 PM2/20/07

TP Thank you so much and what about serial and or usb ports?
Would "DisableSerialRedirection" etc work?
Thanks again
Jon

Priya Raghavan [MSFT]

Feb 26, 2007, 11:49:19 PM2/26/07

No, we dont have a similar key to disable port redirection from client
registry.

--

Thanks,
Priya.

"Jon" <aji...@gmail.com> wrote in message

MattShell

Mar 2, 2007, 6:04:05 PM3/2/07
First, why don't you have access to the GPO, are you the admin?

Second, if you have access to the Terminal Services Configuration, (Run ->
tscc.msc)

Now go to Connections -> Right Mouse Button click on the Connection named
RDP-TCP -> Left Click on Properties

Click on the Client Settings and disable anything you want.

Matt

TP

Mar 5, 2007, 12:11:05 PM3/5/07
Matt,

This thread is about disabling features on the client side, not
the server side. There are companies that want to limit
the features of the Remote Desktop Client for security
reasons.

For example, a company may want to prevent someone from
transferring confidential documents to a remote terminal server
via drive redirection.

-TP

MattShell

Mar 12, 2007, 1:39:05 PM3/12/07
Ah, I see. I'll try to understand more what is trying to be done before I
post.

matt

benkovi...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2013, 8:42:53 AM3/31/13
You might look at configuring the Group Policy that deals with "clipboard redirection". Run
"Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc" and navigate to the "Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration ->
Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Terminal Services -> Client/Server data
redirection -> Do not allow clipboard redirection".

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/disable-remote-desktop-clipboard-sharing-t530285.html

ready & work it. :)

David Kuznetsov

May 18, 2023, 9:59:01 AM5/18/23
To block RDP clipboard on the client machine, you can use regedit, or update registry with group policy:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\
Create DWORD parameter with Value set to 1 and that's it. Reboot is not required
DisableClipboardRedirection

To block printer redirection:
DisablePrinterRedirection

Hope that helps!