Re: Terminal Services Date Format

Clay Keller

Aug 14, 2004, 11:27:29 PM8/14/04
Does it do this on clients that are only in the US?

"blueberryalaska" <blueber...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8C5CF6D5-6938-4266...@microsoft.com...
> I use Terminal Services 2003. Users complain that although desktop
> international settings are set to UK format, and the Server is also set to
UK
> format, our application periodically displays dates in US format ONLY when
> running over Terminal Services.
>
> The Server exists within a cluster of NT servers within a large health
> service organisation, and we therefore connect over a WAN.
>
> How can I enforce UK Date Settings when running over Terminal Services?

blueberryalaska

Aug 16, 2004, 5:39:05 PM8/16/04
We are in London. All our clients are in the UK, hence the unacceptability
of a US format date. We are in healthcare, although Im sure other trades
find this a problem, but in ours its crucial. A date of 5 August 2004 could
be shown as 8/5/2004 in US format and be interpreted as 8 May 2004 in this
country. Cant see any problem in NT 2003, MUST be a TS problem but how?

Guy Leech change .at. to @

Aug 18, 2004, 4:15:03 AM8/18/04
This sort of setting falls into the category that I always push into the
registry at log on to ensure that it is as expected/required to reduce
support calls, etc. The way to achieve this is:

1) Set the locale for a user as you want it (best to be an admin).
2) Use regdmp.exe from the resource kit to dump "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control
Panel\International" to a file
3) Use regini.exe to load this into the user's profiles at logon through
your preferred logon script mechanism (using a GPO logon script with the
regini file in the netlogon share is my favourite).

If you want to get "clever" you can have different locale regini files for
different regions and patch a different one in depending on group membership
in a logon script (good old ifmember.exe works well here).

Regards,

Guy

"blueberryalaska" <blueber...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9E76D206-D820-4534...@microsoft.com...