מעכשיו פוסטים חדשים מ-Usenet לא יופיעו ואי אפשר להירשם לתוכן מ-Usenet בקבוצות Google. התוכן שכבר פורסם עדיין יופיע.

This computer has not reported status in X or more days

3 צפיות
מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Allan Tee

לא נקראה,
9 בינו׳ 2006, 20:42:029.1.2006
עד
Howcome I sometimes see "not yet reported" as Last Status Report for some of
our computers? The fact that it appeared in WSUS Computers page means it has
contacted the server at least once. Howcome it didnt contact the server again?

Also, some of our lab computers (which is up everyday) have Last Status
Report with dates that are a month or 2 months ago (ex. This computer has not
reported status in X or more days). I checked the %windir%\windowsupdate.log
of the lab computers and verified it is communicating with the WSUS server
everyday and the only error I see is "Warning: Update Server: Failed to
update backup store".

Has anybody experienced this?

Thanks!

Gus

לא נקראה,
9 בינו׳ 2006, 21:46:149.1.2006
עד
Allan, without knowing the OS or patch level of the affected computers
you may want to try
this on one of the affected lab computers

1. Stop the Automatic Updates service
2. Rename the %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log to WindowsUpdate.xxx
3. Rename the %windir%\SoftwareDistribution folder to Softwaredistold
4. Start the Automatic Updates service
5. From a command line issue the command - wuauclt /detectnow
6. Wait 30 minutes and the client should have checked back in and begun
downloading needed updates.
7. Post the contents of %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log to this group if
need be.
------------------------

Lawrence Garvin (MVP)

לא נקראה,
10 בינו׳ 2006, 2:20:3710.1.2006
עד

"Allan Tee" <Alla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Howcome I sometimes see "not yet reported" as Last Status Report for some
> of
> our computers?

Because those systems have, "not yet reported"!

> The fact that it appeared in WSUS Computers page means it has
> contacted the server at least once.

Correct. The initial contact is to detect and download the update to the AU
client, and install it.

> Howcome it didnt contact the server again?

That's a very good question, Allan. And, in fact, the -key- question. The
answer will be found in the WindowsUpdate.log on the client that has "not
yet reported".

> Also, some of our lab computers (which is up everyday) have Last Status
> Report with dates that are a month or 2 months ago (ex. This computer has
> not
> reported status in X or more days).

I'd bet the cause for their inability to report in the past month or two is
identical to the cause for the other client to still be "not yet reported".

> I checked the %windir%\windowsupdate.log
> of the lab computers and verified it is communicating with the WSUS server
> everyday and the only error I see is "Warning: Update Server: Failed to
> update backup store".

Hows about you post the %windir%\windowsupdate.log from this system using
this procedure:

1. Restart the Automatic Updates service.
2. Wait 30 minutes.
3. Post the last 30 minutes from the WindowsUpdate.log

> Has anybody experienced this?

Dozens upon dozens of people... <sigh> :-)

> Thanks!

0 הודעות חדשות