MSH: WMIC replacement?

Matt Brown - identify

Aug 1, 2006, 11:02:33 PM8/1/06
Hello,

Man, I love Windows Powershell. Are there plans to give it the full
WMI control that wmic currently gives? Will/can you set properties?

Why isn't WMI a PSDrive? In my opinion it doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

Matt

Abhishek Agrawal [MSFT]

Aug 2, 2006, 8:50:29 PM8/2/06
WMI support is a core scenario for PowerShell. Checkout get-wmiobject in the
current RC1 build to get started with playing with WMI and PowerShell.

We are also adding more support for WMI and it should be available in our
next public release. Check out the following blog for what features are
being added.

http://blogs.msdn.com/powershell/archive/2006/06/26/647038.aspx

A PSDrive for WMI is something we definitely want to support. It will not be
available in V1. But it will among the front runner for V.next features.

We have a dedicated newsgroup for PowerShell discussions at:
microsoft.public.windows.powershell
--
Abhishek Agrawal [MSFT]
http://spaces.msn.com/abhishek225

"Matt Brown - identify" <Matthe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Matt Brown - identify

Aug 2, 2006, 9:53:27 PM8/2/06
That is great! Yes I was reading up on get-wmiobject.

I actually came across that blog post as well.

I'll definately keep an eye on that group.

Keep up the good work. Monad is really awesome!

Thanks,

Matt

Andrew Watt [MVP]

Aug 8, 2006, 1:08:50 PM8/8/06
Hi Matt,

A couple of things.

Most PowerShell discussion is now on
microsoft.public.windows.powershell newsgroup. So you will see more
PowerShell activity there.

Have you had a look at the get-wmiobject cmdlet?

Andrew Watt MVP

On 1 Aug 2006 20:02:33 -0700, "Matt Brown - identify"