RE: Dcom Error On clients Machine

Jenny wu [MSFT]

Feb 15, 2006, 5:11:25 AM2/15/06
HI Jason,

Thanks for using the SBS newsgroup.

From your description, I understand the issue to be: you received DCOM
event error. However, from your screen shot, I can not find any image.
Could you get the appropriate screen shot and mail it to my working mailbox
v-ya...@microsoft.com for analyze?

More information, please see the following Knowledge Base articles:

330341 XCCC: Event IDs 10006, 10002, 2002, and 8199 Are Logged Every Few
Minutes in Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=330341

298095 DCOM Error Messages Logged in Event Log
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298095

I appreciate your time!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Jenny Wu
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
>From: "Jason" <jwc...@lineone.net>
>Subject: Dcom Error On clients Machine
>Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:39:06 -0000
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>
>I noticed the following error on an clients machine the question is what
>does this mean do I have to re join the user to the server
>i have attached the event log screen
>cheers

Jenny wu [MSFT]

Feb 15, 2006, 10:25:43 PM2/15/06
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your information.

Regarding to your screen shot, you received DCOM 10006 error event. The
GUID is: 5A5AA0AA-1DEB-4683-96B0-B43301E83971

Based on my research, the GUID is for a Hewlett Packard 1300 Print monitor
software (is related to HP printer and it should exist in HP Port locator
key). I suggest you uninstall the Hewlett Packard print monitoring software
or uninstall the HP related drivers and applications, restart computer to
see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still occurs, I suggest you do the following steps on a client
computer and check if it helps:

1. Quit the Windows XP computer from the domain and join in a workgroup. To
do so, see:

295017 How to Change a Computer Name or Join a Domain in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=295017

2. Reset the TCP/IP stack by using the suggestion in the following KB
article:

299357 How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299357

3. On the SBS 2003 server, open the Active Directory Users and Computers
snap-in (dsa.msc) and delete the computer account.

4. Make sure the Windows XP client is pointing to the SBS 2003 server as
its ONLY DNS server.

5. Join the computer into the domain by running the
http://servername/connectcomputer wizard and see if the issue disappears.

Note: Please ensure you have added the SBS Site (http://FQDN/*) in trusted
site in IE of the laptop. You can refer to the following steps:

a. Start Internet Explorer.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
c. On the Security tab, click Local intranet zone, and then click Sites.
d. Click Advanced.
e. In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the ConnectComputer
server's IP address or the ConnectComputer server's FQDN, and then click
Add.

Hope above information useful! I am happy to be of assistance to you.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

--------------------
>From: v-ya...@online.microsoft.com ("Jenny wu [MSFT]")
>Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:11:25 GMT
>Subject: RE: Dcom Error On clients Machine
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

Jenny wu [MSFT]

Feb 23, 2006, 9:08:14 PM2/23/06
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your post back. You can try the suggestion and let me know the
result.

Please feel free to let me know when you need further assistance on this
issue and we are glad to help.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

The customer mail content
=====================
Hi Jenny

Sorry about the delay the person who laptop it is is on holiday until
monday. The person has a hp1010 laserjet print atatched so i think the step
you step should work

Cheers

Jason
=====================

--------------------

>From: v-ya...@online.microsoft.com ("Jenny wu [MSFT]")

>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 03:25:43 GMT

>Subject: RE: Dcom Error On clients Machine

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

Jenny wu [MSFT]

Feb 27, 2006, 2:55:53 AM2/27/06
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your update.

I am sorry for the delayed response due to weekend. Please understand that
the newsgroups are staffed weekdays by Microsoft Support professionals to
answer your systems and applications questions. Your understanding is
greatly appreciated!

I am glad to know that things are getting fine now-). I appreciate your
time and effort to try my suggestion and get this resolved.

Please feel free to post back when you need further assistance on this

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,