outlook sent items

joe2252

Nov 14, 2005, 5:46:04 PM11/14/05
How to configure outlook (having full permission) when xyz sends email on
behalf of abc, selecting "From" selects abc's name and send the email, the
sent email comes into xyz's sent item, not under abc's sent item. Xyz would
like the emails sent on behalf of abc to come into abc's sent items.

MD

Nov 14, 2005, 5:59:02 PM11/14/05
Create an Outlook rule to move the items sent from abc to abc's sent item
folder. Sent items will default to the primary account.
--
MD

Brandy Nee [MSFT]

Nov 15, 2005, 2:25:25 AM11/15/05
Hello Joe,

Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup.

Thanks a lot for MD's input!

I understand that when you send email messages as another user, you want
the messages to be saved in this user's Sent Items folder but not yours. If
I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

Unfortunately, this behavior is by design. When we open another user's
mailbox in our profile and send email messages as him, the messages will be
stored in the Sent Items Folder of our mailbox, instead of the original
user's mailbox, because we can only configure our mailbox as the delivery
location of our profile. For detail information about this, please refer to
the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

How to save items that are sent by a delegate to a manager's Sent Items
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317865

To workaround this issue, I suggest that we create a rule in Outlook to
move messages we send as another user to his Sent Items folder. I have
listed the detailed steps below.

Note: Let's assume the additional mailbox is UserA

Step 1: Follow the instructions in KB 317865 above to grant you the
permission to access UserA's Sent Items folder
-------------------------------------

Step 2: Open UserA's mailbox in your profile
-------------------------------------

How to Manage Multiple Exchange Mailbox Accounts
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291626

Step 3: Add a new Category named UserA.
-------------------------------------

1. In your Outlook profile, click to open a new mail.

2. On the Toolbar, click Options.

3. Click Categories button, create a new category by inputting UserA, for
example, and click button "Add to list".

4. Close new mail.

Step 4: Create a new Rule.
-------------------------------------

1. In your Outlook profile, click Tool menu -> Rules and Alerts.

2. Click New Rule -> "Start From a blank rule" -> "Check message after
sending" -> Next.

3. Click the checkbox next to "assigned to categories", and select category
as UserA as we created in Step 3. Click next.

4. Click "Copy a message to specified folder", then select Sent Items
Folder of UserA's mailbox as specified folder. Click next.

5. Then finish the Rule Wizard.

Step 5: Send an email message as UserA.
-------------------------------------

In each new mail that you want to send as UserA, click Options on the
Toolbar -> Categories and select UserA. After it is sent out, the copy will
be sent to the Sent Items Folder of UserA's mailbox.

I hope the information above is helpful.

If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know. I'm happy to
be of assistance and looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here: