WG PROTOCOL DRIVER NOT STARTING

johnp

Sep 29, 2009, 5:34:01 AM9/29/09
When my SBS 2003 R2 boots up I get an error message that one of the drivers
has not started, when I check in the event viewer it informs me that the
"extend WG Protocol Driver" has not started because a file is missing and
shows an Event ID 7000

I have searched Microsoft to find out what this driver relates too, but with
no luck at all.

Can anyone help me and advise me how to correct this problem?

Larry Struckmeyer [SBS-MVP]

Sep 29, 2009, 6:03:01 AM9/29/09
Hi Johnp:

This appears to be a Symantec issue. Here is one case, a search on the term
WG Protocol Driver turns up others.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/windows-errors-reboot-extend-wg-protocol-driver-also-event-2510-server-service

--
Larry
Please post the resolution to your

Get a Health Check for SBS at:
www.sbsbpa.com

"johnp" <jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

johnp

Sep 30, 2009, 12:31:01 PM9/30/09
Larry

You are correct I followed your link and I have corrected the problem,
thanks for your help