EventID Error 202 : LicenseService

Simon Gurner

Apr 29, 2004, 6:56:19 AM4/29/04
I have recently added an additional server to our SBS2003 network which is
used for file and printer sharing. In order to accept the licensing this
needs to be changed from 'per server' to 'per device or user", but because
of the way the licensing manager on SBS2003 is set out I can't seem to do
this.

I've accessed the license manager on the additional server and can see the
licensing side from the SBS server and have tried to change it to to 'per
device or user', but everytime I accept the changes it still reverts back to
the original 'per server' setting. can anyone tell me how I can get round
this?

Many thanks in advance,

Simon Gurner

Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]

Apr 29, 2004, 5:32:44 PM4/29/04
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;327644

You might have to do it a few times before it really 'sets'.

--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

"Simon Gurner" <simongurner@sunrisetechnologies> schreef in bericht

Simon Gurner

May 5, 2004, 5:44:36 PM5/5/04
Marina,

Thanks for the help - I think I'd already come across this article.
Following the instructions this is the problem that I have come up against.
When I go to access the licensing manager in SBS 2003 from Control Panel >>
Licensing this is the message that appears:

Licensing

To add more licenses, use the Add License Wizard in Windows Server 2003 for
small business server.

In Accessing the licensing manager from this way you can only add extra
licenses and not change the licensing schema.

I've tried to modify the schema from the other servers licensing manager,
but every time I make the changes I accept the changes but nothing actually
happens, with it reverting back to per server mode instantly.

Any More Ideas - it seems a bit strange!!?

Many thanks so far....
Simon Gurner

"Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" <mar...@roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com> wrote in message

Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]

May 6, 2004, 7:50:42 AM5/6/04
At the memberserver, in the licensing tool (you have 2: one in Control Panel
and one in Administrative Tools), fiddle around a bit. You will see all the
servers somewhere and have to click them all and tell it to go in per seat
mode (I had to tell it a few times till it got set). Make sure you click the
right button when it is asking if you are sure and agree with the
licenseagreements or whatever. Some of these screens are not very clear,
read them well.

--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

"Simon Gurner" <simon...@sunrisetechnologies.co.uk> schreef in bericht

Simon Gurner

May 7, 2004, 2:07:18 PM5/7/04
Marina,

Many thanks for your help - I was in the right area, and doing the right
thing, but the prompt was actually asking me the opposite i.e. Click 'Yes'
if you DON'T want to make these changes.....

Many thanks for your help here....

Simon Gurner

"Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" <mar...@roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com> wrote in message

Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]

May 7, 2004, 2:25:58 PM5/7/04
Hi Simon,

;) That's what I meant....Reading can be so difficult sometimes, right?
Anyway, great you've got it working now and thanks for reporting back.