Backup to network share SBS 2008

Surfer

May 25, 2009, 4:08:01 AM5/25/09
Hi all!

I want to backup to a networkshare on my sbs 2008. My problem is that i want
to schedule this. I use the server backup but can just run this once
everytime. Glad for help with this.

Best regards
Jimmy Svensson

Charlie Russel - MVP

May 25, 2009, 10:36:27 AM5/25/09
SBS 2008 is not designed to backup to a network share. The backup engine is
designed to backup to a "block device" that it can completely control. The
solution to doing a network backup in SBS 2008 is to use iSCSI. You can use
software such as StarWind on the network server to allow it to behave as an
iSCSI SAN, and this will allow you to use the native iSCSI initiator in
Windows Server 2008 to mount the remote storage as a volume on your SBS 2008
server.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64