Failure audits in Server logs

cam18e

Jul 11, 2007, 10:53:18 AM7/11/07

I have a SBS 2003 domain. After upgrading one of the PC's on the
domain to WindowsVista i get the following failure audits in the
security log throughout the day: (Event ID 675)

Pre-authentication failed:
User Name: COMPUTERNAME$
User ID: DOMAIN.NAME\COMPUTERNAME$
Service Name: krbtgt/DOMAIN.NAME
Pre-Authentication Type: 0x0
Failure Code: 0x19
Client Address: 10.10.16.89

I upgraded the server for the Vista patch to add new computers and
have tried deleting and readding the computer in active directory even
under a different computer name. The computer is able to get on the
domain fine and authenticates with everything but these failure audits
occur around 6 to 10 times a day i think.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Teneo

Jul 11, 2007, 12:24:14 PM7/11/07
I saw these at my vista clients site also, spent a little while
investigating but gave up... vista all removed from clients sites for now,
not due to this but many other issues..

"cam18e" <blak...@gmail.com> wrote in message

cam18e

Jul 11, 2007, 12:44:47 PM7/11/07
I am thinking of removing it here also...

Im suprised others havent seen it then???

Teneo

Jul 11, 2007, 12:50:02 PM7/11/07
many peeps not installed it and others not as thorough as you and I with
logs... ;-)

biggest issue we found was if restore vista back say to a week earlier, it
lost its trust relationship with domain, resetup pc and original domain user
profile got deleted.

removing vista taken time and we havent restested in our offices yet.

"cam18e" <blak...@gmail.com> wrote in message

James

Jul 19, 2007, 10:34:48 PM7/19/07
Did either of you ever figure out what caused these errors?