Roll out application updates?

Gary V.

Dec 29, 2004, 2:11:05 PM12/29/04
This has to do with AD more then SBS but this is happing on an SBS network.
I’ve made a front end for an application. The backend is the sql server in
SBS Prem. When I make changes to the front end on my test puter, is there a
Group Policy or something like that, that I can copy the new frontend into a
folder and when they login next time it overwrites the old one? Thanks.

Damian N Leibaschoff [MSFT]

Dec 29, 2004, 2:46:18 PM12/29/04
You could copy the new front end to a share on the server and then modify
the logon script to copy the new file from that share.
The default logon script that we use in SBS when creating the users with the
SBS wizards is at:
\windows\sysvol\sysvol\domain.local\scripts
SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bat

You you add something like:
copy \\server\shareName\new-frontend.exe c:\local path\

Regards,
Damian

--
Damian N. Leibaschoff, MS IST, MCSE
Microsoft Corporation

from your issue.

"Gary V." <Ga...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Chad A. Gross [SBS MVP]

Dec 29, 2004, 11:35:33 PM12/29/04
Hi Gary -

Take a look at Tony Toews' (Access MVP) Auto FE Updater. I use it for
keeping Access Front-Ends up-to-date, and it works really slick:

Auto FE Updater:
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/autofe.htm

--

Chad A. Gross - SBS MVP
SBS ROCKS!

www.msmvps.com/cgross
www.gosbs.org

Gary V.

Dec 30, 2004, 11:45:02 AM12/30/04
I'll try both out. Thanks guys. (actually thanks to everyone that post on
this ng and help peoples like me.)