Outlook Synchronisation Problems

FSFDS

Apr 16, 2006, 7:45:42 AM4/16/06
Hello

I am having trouble synchronising the Sent Items with a particular user
(Ron) on any client PC (Outlook 2003) with Exchange Server (SBS2003).

All other folders Inbox, Public Folders etc synchronise ok.

I have tried removing the outlook files and re installing Outlook to no
avail. Since the same situation occurs on any PC that Ron is set -up I
assume that the problem lies at the server end not with the Outlook
configuration on the PC.

The Sent items for Ron used to synchronise but stopped some months ago.
There is also one other unusual aspect in that whenever the SBS Server is
rebooted 3 emails are sent from Ron to the original recipient. The original
emails were sent 5 months ago and they do not reside in his outbox.

All other aspects with regard to Ron are okay these include OWE and remote
Active Sync with Pocket PC device.

There are 10 other users non of whom have any problems.

The error message that occurs when I try to synchronise the sent items
folder is detailed below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dean
Error synchronizing folder

[80004005-501-FFFFFA84-560]

The client operation failed.

Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store

For more information on this failure, click the URL below:

http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80004005-501-fffffa84-560

Steven Zhu [MSFT]

Apr 17, 2006, 1:49:45 AM4/17/06

Thanks for posting here.

From your post, my understanding on the issue is: when a user tries to
synchronize with Exchange server it fails to synchronize the Send Items
folders. You receive the following error message:

Error synchronizing folder
[80004005-501-FFFFFA84-560]
The client operation failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store

If I am off base, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my experience, this problem may occur under different conditions,
so I suggest you try the following steps to narrow down the problem:

Method 1: Rename OST file
====================
- Close Outlook.
- Search for the .ost files and rename them to .old.
Note: They normally locate under C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder.

Method 2: Create a new Outlook Profile
============================
Please refer to the following article to create a new profile:
How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829918

Method 3: Check Unicode
===================
- Open Outlook, on the Tools menu, click E-Mail Accounts.
- Click Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server, and click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Make sure Outlook is running in Unicode Mode against the Microsoft
Exchange Server.

Method 4: Remove Exchange Attribute
=============================
Let''s use the "Remove Exchange Attributes" option to remove all mail
attributes from one of the problematic users on your Exchange 2003 server
and then reconnect his mailbox, and then test to see if it works for you.

For information about how to use "Remove Exchange Attributes" option,
please refer to the following Knowledge Base (KB) article:
How to Use the Remove Exchange Attributes Option
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;823170

To reconnect the mailbox to the problematic user account after you remove
Exchange attributes for the user, please follow these steps:
1. In Exchange System Manager, locate the mailbox store that contains the
problematic user's mailbox.
2. Click the "Mailboxes" object under the mailbox store.
3. If the mailbox is not already marked as disconnected (the mailbox icon
appears with a red X), right-click the "Mailboxes" object, and then click
"Run Cleanup Agent".
4. Right-click the disconnected mailbox, click "Reconnect", and then select
the problematic user from the dialog box that appears.
5. Click "OK".
6. Open Outlook and test the issue again.

Please try the above steps and let me know the result at your earliest
convenience. I am looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Steven Zhu
MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were
updated on February 14, 2006.? Please complete a re-registration process
by entering the secure code mmpng06 when prompted. Once you have
entered the secure code mmpng06, you will be able to update your profile
and access the partner newsgroups.
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.