Routing and Off subnet ip address

Glenn

Sep 22, 2004, 12:21:49 PM9/22/04
My vpn server assigns a pool of address which is an Off subnet ip addresses.
When I connect my vpn client to the exchange/isa/vpn server, I can access
my Exchange account which is okay. Now on the same lan, I have a risc
box that users in the lan connect to login and run accounting applications.
My lan has a 10.x.x.x (subnet 255.0.0.0 crazy!) scheme and the off subnet
ip is 192.168.0.x.
How do I setup the Routing and Remote Access so that the vpn clients (off
subnet)
can access (aside from exchange) the risc box as well but not the entire
network.
The risc box has a 10.40.10.x address.

Thanks,
Glenn

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Sep 22, 2004, 12:35:55 PM9/22/04
this is routing issue. you may want to add static routes under RRAS.

--
For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Glenn" <gl...@rlbrews.com> wrote in message

Bill Grant

Sep 22, 2004, 7:42:57 PM9/22/04
As Bob Lin said, this is a routing problem. You probably can't fix it
by making changes at the RRAS server itself. You will probably have to add
extra routing to the machine you want to contact. It needs to know that the
remote client's subnet can be reached via the RRAS server.

so the risc box would need a static route something like

192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 <10.a.b.c>

where 10.a.b.c is the LAN IP of the RRAS server.

"Robert L [MS-MVP]" <nor...@hotmail.com> wrote in message