How to setup ICF when using Multiple IP on 1 nic.

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Oct 19, 2004, 5:39:10 AM10/19/04
Hello,

I have a question about ICF Service setting.

Q. My server's network card have multiple IP address.
like: 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.11
and I want to public Web service on each IP address.
like: http://192.168.0.10/ and http://192.168.0.11/
How can I setup ICF ?

Problem:
I try to edit "Web Service (HTTP)" service setting.
and change Computer name / IPaddress.
but always, client can connect only http://192.168.0.11/

Regards,
Yoshihiro Kawabata
MVP for SQL Server. INETA Japan lead, PASSJ boardleader.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Oct 19, 2004, 6:15:20 PM10/19/04
with sp2, ICF should be enabled by default. Any ICF settings that apply to
the NIC will apply to both NICs.

--
For more and other information, go to http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN, Anti-Virus, Tips & Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Yoshihiro Kawabata" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Oct 19, 2004, 9:43:02 PM10/19/04
Hello Bob.

Thank.
This problem happend on Windows Server 2003.
Environment summary:
OS: Windows Server 2003 (Japanese Edition)
NIC: 1 (Named 'Public')
IP: 192.168.0.10, 192.168.0.11 (on 'Public' NIC)

Problem is:
If ICF is Turn ON to NIC 'Public'.
any Clients can access to the server only '192.168.0.11'.
any clients can not access to '192.168.0.10'.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Kawabata
MVP for SQL Server. INETA Japan lead, PASSJ boardleader.

"Robert L [MS-MVP]" <nor...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Oct 20, 2004, 2:51:05 AM10/20/04
Hello, Robert.

Yes.
"any clients can not access to '192.168.0.10'" means,
"no clients can not access to http://192.168.0.10/".

Regards,
Yoshihiro Kawabata.

"Robert L [MS-MVP]" <nor...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Nov 11, 2004, 9:22:25 AM11/11/04
Hello,

I still have this problem.

OS: Windows Server 2003
  I set two ip addresses to one network card.
and, turn on ICF on this network card.

Then I can connect one ip address,
but I cannot connect the other ip address.

Ex.
IP: 192.168.0.20
IP: 192.168.0.21
 Service Port: 80