Background Intelligent Transfer Service on SSL and Certificate

Jonathan

Jun 22, 2004, 4:09:46 AM6/22/04
When I try to upload a file using BITS to a site which requires a
certificate
I encounter the error message "A certificate is required..." (Duh).
My user has a valid installed certificate, and using IE I can browse
sites requireing a certificate.
Can I somehow use this certificate for BITS sessions, or any other
certificate for that matter ?

XP User

Jun 22, 2004, 1:40:31 PM6/22/04
BITS newsgroup is microsoft.public.windows.backgroundtransfer

Sudheer GN [MSFT]

Jun 24, 2004, 2:55:06 AM6/24/04
Hi Jonathan,
Sorry. BITS doesnt support authentication using certificates.

--
Sudheer GN
Microsoft, BITS

This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

BITS SDK:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/bits/bits/bits_start_page.asp
BITS White-paper:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows.netserver/docs/BITS.doc