Windows Server 2003 SP1 Event 1030 and 1053

Arp Hiemstra

Oct 5, 2005, 6:01:04 AM10/5/05
A customer of ours has a Fujitsu-siemens Primergy TX300S2 with 2 Gigabit LAN
running:

Windows 2003 Server Standard /w SP1

The following programs are installed:

Brightstore ARCserve Backup Release 11.1 with Open File Agent
McAfee Protection Pilot 1.1
McAfee VirusScan 8.0i patch 11
APC Powerchute Free Business edition 7
Microsoft patches and updates are installed

About every 3 days the following errors start occurring in the application
log.

Starting with a few times per 5 minutes:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1030
Date: 3-10-2005
Time: 7:51:35
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DC01
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that
describes the reason for this was previously

logged by the policy engine.

After that per 5 minutes the following error occurs:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1053
Date: 3-10-2005
Time: 12:56:02
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DC01
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (Not enough storage is
available to complete this operation. ).

Group Policy processing aborted.

At the same time the following occurs:

With Active Directory Users and Computers I cannot acces the AD.
With Group Policy Management I cannot acces the GPO's.

Both tools give an error saying that the AD is not running or not accessable.

Users can connect to the shares, but the printers are not working.

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Oct 5, 2005, 9:10:13 AM10/5/05
you my need to Increase the maximum registry size.

Not Enough ...
"Not enough storage available to process this command" 2 "Not enough storage to Complete Operation". "Not enough server storage is available to process this ...
www.chicagotech.net/notenough.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Arp Hiemstra

Oct 5, 2005, 9:32:47 AM10/5/05
Hello Robert,

This is not the problem i am having. It seems to be something
network/dns or active directory related. But we have checked all of
these settings more than once and stil the problem occurs about every 3
days.

Looking forward to some more help!

Arp Hiemstra

Robert L [MS-MVP] wrote:
> you my need to Increase the maximum registry size.
>

> *Not* *Enough* ... <http://www.chicagotech.net/notenough.htm>
> "*Not* *enough* *storage* *available* to process this command" 2 "*Not*
> *enough* *storage* to *Complete* *Operation*". "*Not* *enough* server
> *storage* is *available* to process this *...*
> www.chicagotech.net/*not**enough*.htm
> <http://www.chicagotech.net/notenough.htm>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>
> "Arp Hiemstra" <ArpHi...@discussions.microsoft.com

Todd J Heron

Oct 5, 2005, 9:55:16 AM10/5/05
"Arp Hiemstra" <ar...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message...

>Hello Robert,
>
>This is not the problem i am having. It seems to be something network/dns
>or active directory related. But we have checked all >of these settings
>more than once and stil the problem occurs about every 3 days. Looking
>forward to some more help!

If you have configured DNS forwarding on the server, ensure the server
points to itself for DNS. Set the DNS on the clients to point to the local
server instead of the ISP. There may also be a corrupted DNS table. It
could look fine and test OK, but in certain rare instances DNS may need to
be re-installed (and the server restated afterwards).

--
Todd J Heron, MCSE
Windows Server 2003/2000/NT; CCA

Robert L [MS-MVP]

Oct 5, 2005, 10:36:08 AM10/5/05

Event ID 1053 -

Symptoms: your w2k/xp clients may receive this Event ID 1053 - Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (<error description>). Group Policy processing aborted.  Or error: "The specified user does not exist."

Resolutions: 1. Make sure that your internal DNS server is the server for the domain you are logging in to.
2. Verify the DNS Settings. This will occur if your DNS server is unable to resolve information about your domain.
3. Delete the problem computer from DNS records and re-create it.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

Arp Hiemstra

Oct 5, 2005, 10:37:37 AM10/5/05
Hi Todd,

Thanks for your reply, it is set exactly how you say it should be set.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Thanks

Arp Hiemstra

Arp Hiemstra

Oct 5, 2005, 10:51:15 AM10/5/05
Thanks Robert,

Only these errors are occuring on the server and not on the clients.

Anyone else?

Arp Hiemstra

Robert L [MS-MVP] wrote:
> quoted from http://www.chicagotech.net/wineventid.htm
>
> *Event ID 1053 - *

> Symptoms: your w2k/xp clients may receive this Event ID 1053 - Windows
> cannot determine the user or computer name. (<error description>). Group
> Policy processing aborted. Or error: "The specified user does not exist."
>
> Resolutions: 1. Make sure that your internal DNS server is the server
> for the domain you are logging in to.
> 2. Verify the DNS Settings. This will occur if your DNS server is unable
> to resolve information about your domain.
> 3. Delete the problem computer from DNS records and re-create it.
>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Arp Hiemstra" <ar...@rocketmail.com <mailto:ar...@rocketmail.com>>

> wrote in message news:e2uKHFby...@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello Robert,
>
> This is not the problem i am having. It seems to be something
> network/dns or active directory related. But we have checked all of
> these settings more than once and stil the problem occurs about every 3
> days.
>
> Looking forward to some more help!
>
> Arp Hiemstra
>

> Robert L [MS-MVP] wrote:
> > you my need to Increase the maximum registry size.
> >
> > *Not* *Enough* ... <http://www.chicagotech.net/notenough.htm>
> > "*Not* *enough* *storage* *available* to process this command" 2
> "*Not*
> > *enough* *storage* to *Complete* *Operation*". "*Not* *enough*
> server
> > *storage* is *available* to process this *...*
> > www.chicagotech.net/*not**enough*.htm

> <http://www.chicagotech.net/*not**enough*.htm>

Ted Moes

Dec 6, 2005, 1:13:03 PM12/6/05
I have done all the things stated on ur webpage but still cant acess other
computers on my home network and I have an Xp machine doing the same thing,
have raised the reg sz and lowered back with the same results
Do not have an AV on it yet so it cant be that, so I am stumped. changed all
the control sets that were listed both lanservers and workstations