system locks after a period of inactivity

Bert Levesque

Jun 21, 2005, 2:18:45 AM6/21/05
this server 2003 enterprise edition, with S1 installed, is being used as
stand alone for ISS access. It runs a unique application, and only one and
has no other computers logging into it. I start up and log in as
administrator. When the system is idle for a while, it locks up and I need
to use Ctl+alt+del to restart and must of course re-enter the p/w.

Is there a way that I can disable this function? This system will be in a
member area, and no administrator will be on site at all time.

Andrea Casini

Jun 21, 2005, 5:43:13 AM6/21/05

"Bert Levesque" wrote:

Make sure that your power management is not configured to allow standby
after a period of inactivity. If this is not the case make sure APM is
installed correctly and check BIOS settings.

David Davis

Jun 21, 2005, 10:40:01 AM6/21/05
You can disable the Ctl-Alt-Del requirement by editing your local GPO. goto
Run-type gpedit.msc once it comes up goto computer configuration - Windows
Settings-local policies-security options From there you will see the require
Ctl-Alt-Del setting. Disable it and you will not see it anymore. You will
also need to modify your screen-saver/power settings per Andrea's post if you
do not want the screen to turn off.
--
David Davis [MCSE, CCNA, Security +]

Andrea Casini

Jun 21, 2005, 11:14:07 AM6/21/05

"David Davis" wrote:

I tought locking up meant that your server freezes! Sorry for the
misunderstanding, follow Bert's instructions.