Google Grupper understøtter ikke længere nye Usenet-opslag eller -abonnementer. Tidligere indhold er fortsat synligt.

Hibernate option disappears - Server 2003

92 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

robert...@gmail.com

ulæst,
23. jan. 2006, 22.09.1623.01.2006
til
Hi,

I have Windows Server 2003 SP1 installed, with 1.5Gb ram. It can
normally hibernate successfully. If I open up a Microsoft Access
database, then select hibernate, the computer does not hibernate, and
the hibernate option disappears from the shutdown dialog box until the
computer is restarted.

I understand that Access does not like hibernating - but why not allow
hibernating when it is then closed?

Is there any way to fix this so that I can hibernate after closing
Access.

Thanks,
Robert

(repost from
http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/browse_thread/thread/6b4e4e7688f2cab2
)

Vicky

ulæst,
24. jan. 2006, 00.59.0224.01.2006
til
How much free HDD space do you have ?

robert...@gmail.com

ulæst,
24. jan. 2006, 01.21.3524.01.2006
til
2.6 GB free disk space (definitely enough for the hibernate file)

This has happened a few times. Before installing sp1 (for server 2003)
I found out that Access 2003 prevents hibernation.

Back then, if I tried to hibernate with access open, an error message
would come up that an application prevented hibernation.

Now, I can hibernate correctly, if I first check that Access is not
open. If I try while it is open, I must turn off / reboot the computer
before it will let me hibernate again.

Has anyone else been able to hibernate with an access 2003 database
open, with windows server 2003 sp1? Or had hibernation turn itself off
like this?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

ulæst,
24. jan. 2006, 13.59.1124.01.2006
til
Hello,
Before starting Access
Open a CMD Window.
Run powercfg /a >hib.txt
Start Access
Run powercfg /a >hib1.txt

What is in those two files?
In Windows Server 2003 the /a switch attempts to report back reasons that
the OS may not be able to hibernate or goto standby.
Let's see if it's reporting anything.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
<From: robert...@gmail.com
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.general
<Subject: Re: Hibernate option disappears - Server 2003
<Date: 23 Jan 2006 22:21:35 -0800

robert...@gmail.com

ulæst,
24. jan. 2006, 23.10.0824.01.2006
til
I ran the powercfg commands as suggested.

Both files contain:
----
The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S1 )
Hibernate
The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S2)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby (S3)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
----

Whats more, I can now hibernate with an Access database open. I have
tried to recreate the problem - but can't.

I'll presume that it's fixed now (I'll post again if I have problems
again).

Thanks,
Robert

robert...@gmail.com

ulæst,
2. feb. 2006, 07.46.1802.02.2006
til
Its decided not to let me hibernate this evening - the hibernate option
disappeared from the shutdown dialog box. Not sure why.

powercfg /a gives the following:

--
The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S1 )

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

Standby (S2)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby (S3)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Hibernate
An unknown error occurred while enabling hibernation.
--
I quite often hibernate the computer for the night, rather than
shutting down.

0 nye opslag