لم تعُد "مجموعات Google" تتيح المشاركات أو الاشتراكات الجديدة من Usenet. وسيبقى بالإمكان عرض المحتوى السابق.

Restore from older backup is not overwriting registry

3 مرّات مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

FUBARinSFO

غير مقروءة،
24‏/02‏/2008، 10:51:31 م24‏/2‏/2008
إلى
Hi:

I'm trying to roll back my Windows 2003 Server C:\ drive to an earlier
configuration, before the registry got contaminated and mangled. But
restoring the full .bkf, specifying overwite files, does not seem to
be overwriting the system registry files (among other files). There's
some trace in the .log report of access denied with SxS file
manifests, but nothing about failure to overwrite the registry files
themselves. I've unchecked "preserve existing volume mount points"
and specied always overwrite. I must be missing something pretty
basic here.

Is this an illegal operation under Windows 2003 Server? I would have
done it from either the Recovery Console or from ERD Commander 2005,
but I've been unable to run ntback.exe under either environment. I'm
afraid I don't have a clean environment here with which to overwrite
the exixting c:\WINDOWS directory tree. I can't boot in safe mode
(the SAFEBOOT registry branch having been delreted by a Win32/Bagle
variant, from which I am trying to recover). I tried applying the
backup over the wire under ERD Commander 2005 but that didn't appear
to work either (did not send the registry back to the ealier state).

Thank you for any light you can throw on this problem.

-- Roy Zider

FUBARinSFO

غير مقروءة،
24‏/02‏/2008، 11:10:29 م24‏/2‏/2008
إلى
Further to the first post:

It may be that my earler registry also had bad entries, from an even
earlier recovery from a Win32/Bagle worm variant. LEGACY_SROSA entries
are still in the registry, but the actual file srosa.sys is no longer
in c:\windows\system32\drivers. Neither is hldrrr.exe, another
element of the worm. But the SafeBoot branch is still empty, and the
system will not boot from safe mode.

So perhaps the restore did take place, but my month-older full backup
had bad entries as well. What would be most helpful, then, if someone
were to confirm that there is nothing special about the restore of the
systemroot in Windows 2003 Server using ntbackup.exe that I should
worry about that wouldn't be in the report log generated from the
backup itself.

Thank you in advance for your help.

-- Roy Zider

Dave Patrick

غير مقروءة،
24‏/02‏/2008، 11:09:04 م24‏/2‏/2008
إلى
Personally I wouldn't trust the machine anymore but restore the backup to an
alternate location then replace the registry hive files via the recovery
console.

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

FUBARinSFO

غير مقروءة،
25‏/02‏/2008، 3:28:43 م25‏/2‏/2008
إلى
Dave:

I came to the same conclusion last night. But since I don't appear to
have an old enough or good enough backup (which would contain the
replacemnt registry hive), I've got to rebuild it from scratch. So
bare metal install it is.

Thanks for the comment.

-- Roy Zider

Dave Patrick