Single DFS replicated folder repeatedly staging files when DFSR is restarted...

Matt Brown - nyc

Mar 11, 2009, 1:36:14 PM3/11/09
Hello,

I have a several folders replicating using DFSR. After restarting the
DFSR service on one of the members, all folders begin replicating
files except a single folder, which re-stages all of its files.

What is the purpose of staging? More importantly, why is this folder
"re-staging" repeatedly?

I'm reviewing this blog entry to get a better understanding:
http://blogs.technet.com/askds/archive/2008/02/12/get-out-and-push-getting-the-most-out-of-dfsr-pre-staging.aspx

However, any input is appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Matt Brown

Isaac Oben [MCITP,MCSE]

Mar 11, 2009, 2:51:08 PM3/11/09
Matt,
The purpose of staging is to store files temporarily (in transit) while
replicating to the downstream or destination folders. The single folder
might be re-staging because staging was probably not complete or interrupted
and files will have to be resync

--
Isaac Oben [MCTIP:EA, MCSE]
"Matt Brown - nyc" <Matthe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Matt Brown - nyc

Mar 13, 2009, 9:36:21 AM3/13/09
Thanks for your response. I also found the technet article :)

On Mar 11, 2:51 pm, "Isaac Oben [MCITP,MCSE]"

<isaac.o...@nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt,
> The purpose of staging is to store files temporarily (in transit) while
> replicating to the downstream or destination folders. The single folder
> might be re-staging because staging was probably not complete or interrupted
> and files will have to be resync
>
> --
> Isaac Oben [MCTIP:EA, MCSE]

> "Matt Brown - nyc" <MatthewBr...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:9aa8beb0-a094-4bd4...@z9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

> > Hello,
>
> > I have a several folders replicating using DFSR.  After restarting the
> > DFSR service on one of the members, all folders begin replicating
> > files except a single folder, which re-stages all of its files.
>
> > What is the purpose of staging?  More importantly, why is this folder
> > "re-staging" repeatedly?
>
> > I'm reviewing this blog entry to get a better understanding:

> >http://blogs.technet.com/askds/archive/2008/02/12/get-out-and-push-ge...

Isaac Oben [MCITP,MCSE]

Mar 13, 2009, 10:29:42 AM3/13/09
Hello Matt,