Re: Won't record Series

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Sep 15, 2005, 8:31:13 PM9/15/05
Look in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\EPG

Delete the contents (back them up if you want) then redownload the Guide data.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Kevin Turcotte" <KevinT...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFD27C8A-463B-46AA...@microsoft.com...
>I did a system restore today, and had an extra regular Directv receiver lying
> around, and decided to take Media Center for a test run. I've got everything
> set, all the channels are right, the remote controls the receiver, and I can
> record single shows, but it will not allow me to record a series. Whenever I
> attempt to do so, a mesage pops up saying that "The recording could not be
> recorded for an unknown reason. Please restart Media Center." I've restarted
> Media Center, and even shut down and restarted the computer, and it still
> won't let me schedule a series recording. Any ideas?

Kevin Turcotte

Sep 15, 2005, 8:50:05 PM9/15/05
Thanks! That worked perfect.
I've got another question though-why is it soooo slow? It's not my hardware:
3.6 Ghz Pentium 4
2 GBs DDR RAM
ATI Radeon X600 Pro (256 MB)
250 GB SATA Hard Drive

Is it maybe because it's 2004 and not 2005? How can I upgrade to 2005? I
contacted HP (They made my computer), but they won't let me have it (Either
for free or for sale). Any other way?

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Sep 15, 2005, 11:24:42 PM9/15/05
If you missed the upgrade window from your manufacturer, you're out of luck. The best you could do is check their website for the MCE 2005 drivers for their hardware and purchase an OEM version to do a clean install with.