RE: PC Wakes itself up from Hibernate everyday

Eskeda

Oct 10, 2005, 10:26:01 AM10/10/05
EPG automatic download. Disable it from Guide settings.

-------
Eskeda

_________________________
http://www.doomsday.s5.com

"Davideos" wrote:

> My Win XP MCE wakes itself up everyday at 7:43am. All bios wake up options
> are disabled. I believe it has something to do with the DVR scheduler
> ehrec.exe, but am not sure. ehrec.exe shows up in the log file for about that
> time.
>
> Does anyone know how to disable this? I don't have anything scheduled to
> record...or at least I don't think so. It is a bit annoying for the pc to
> come on, then shut itself off 5 minutes later.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Bob [MVP]

Oct 10, 2005, 11:05:45 AM10/10/05
It's probably waking up to download the EPG every day.
I wouldn't think you'd want to disable that. There is
a utility available at www.thegreenbutton.com/downloads.aspx
that you can use to change the time it downloads.

--
-Bob
_______________________________

Davideos

Oct 11, 2005, 12:31:10 PM10/11/05
Thank you very much. I had suspected the guide was doing this but I didn't
know how to prove it. One last question since you seem to know a lot about
this area, What I'd really like to have is the program guide to be downloaded
whenever the computer is on. I'd even be willing to disable it and only
download it when I want to use the TV. I don't really use the PC as an
automatic DVR/TV. Would you know which software component does the download?
When I end all the eh* processes that are running, the pc will not wake up
from hibernate...I didn't try, but I'll bet media center probably wouldn't
work either. The "Guide Time" software is good such that I can pick a time
when I'm more likely to have the PC on, but it isn't exactly what I want. If
I could just manually do the download, that'd be great.

Thanks,
David

Bob [MVP]

Oct 11, 2005, 1:13:44 PM10/11/05
To disable automatic EPG downloads:
Settings -> General -> Automatic Downloads Options -> Manual Download

To manually download the guide:
Settings -> TV -> Guide -> Get Latest Guide Listings

--
-Bob
_______________________________
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Media Center Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/ehome

Aspect@discussions.microsoft.com Demon Aspect

Jan 12, 2006, 11:41:02 AM1/12/06
So does mine.

But, as I'm using my computer almost every day, I wonder why mce would have
to power it up in the middle of the night every day instead of just
downloading the epg when it's on after all.

So far I have disabled automatic downloads of the epg, but:

Isn't there any way to set automatic downloads to only occur when the
computer is powered up?

"Davideos" wrote:

> My Win XP MCE wakes itself up everyday [...]

Mike Bijl

Jan 13, 2006, 6:47:49 AM1/13/06
In your eventvwr you can see it wakes up for downloading your guide. There
is a script to change the synch time. I still wonder why this is the
mechanisme for doing that. Why it's not possible to adjust this schedule for
weekly or manually with a simple button in the guide.

"Demon Aspect" <Demon Asp...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

gabs

Dec 16, 2009, 11:24:01 PM12/16/09
I ended up looking at this setting, and it already said Manual Download, but
my event viewer indicates that the EPG is set to download at 7:21am eveyr
morning...

Do you know what the associated registry setting would be? There is a dl key
where dlRegTime is time that it downloads, and this is set to 0 (which I'm
assuming is disabled)?