Spell Checker Error on Windows XP Pro x64

1 view

Kevin

Apr 5, 2006, 12:18:01 PM4/5/06
I have a issue on 4 Windows XP Pro x64 systems that the spell checker gives
an error when you try to run it. I have tried all the solutions from Technet
and everywhere else on the Net but none fix this issue. Each one has a
version of MS Office loaded anywhere from 2000 - XP and all have the same
problems with Outlook Express 6. I have not been able to find the correct
download for IE6 on the Microsoft Website they all tell me when I try to run
them that they are not for this Operating System and close. I have
downloaded the setup file that is stated in Bulletin MS04-013 (Q837009) for
Outlook Express 6 SP1 (64 bit edition) with no success.

Even if I download another spell checker that adds into Outlook Express I
still get the same error. Can ANYONE help? I have two users that insist on
using Outlook Express!

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin

Apr 5, 2006, 12:43:01 PM4/5/06
Thanks all I found the One document on the Microsoft website that states the
that the Spell Checker is not functional in the Outlook Express x64. Below
is the link to download this info.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21d930dd-8160-4e43-95d2-f5c3a9037e68&DisplayLang=en

mac

Apr 5, 2006, 12:46:35 PM4/5/06

"Kevin" <Ke...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Spell Checking does not work in OE:
http://dundats.mvps.org/Internet/OutlookExpr/OE_Spell%20check.htm

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

An error occurred while the spelling was being checked or: Spell Check
was halted:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

Bill James' SpellCheck Fix
http://www.billsway.com/notes_public/Fix_OE_SpellCheck.txt

Or try one of these:

Free spellchecker.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=2952&cat=10A

TinySpell
http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Kevin

Apr 5, 2006, 2:36:02 PM4/5/06

"mac" wrote:

Steve

Thanks for these links but they are the same things that I have already
tried. The only thing that kind of remotely worked was the Tiny Spell
program. Also the other four links that were posted at the top all deal with
the Outlook 32 bit version.

Thanks for help

Kevin