Can't open new window & original window closes

Debbie

Jun 25, 2005, 10:32:46 AM6/25/05
Updates were automatically installed on my computer. I'm now having a
problem with IE.

When I click on IE, it opens and all is fine but when I open a new IE
window, the original window dies or closes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Debbie

Don Varnau

Jun 25, 2005, 3:25:52 PM6/25/05
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows
for launching shortcuts."

And... you may have a toolbar or program running which is blocking
pop-up windows- something like Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar,
Ad-aware Plus, etc.
Yahoo Companion is a very common cause.

You'll have to turn off the feature that's blocking new windows or, perhaps,
uninstall the program.

With some programs of this type, using Ctrl+click or Shift+click will allow
a new window.

If you're sure that another program isn't causing this, these links should
help.
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm Tips #21 & 46
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/26.html
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/27.html

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Debbie" <deb750[at]austin.rr.com> wrote in message

Debbie

Jun 28, 2005, 2:02:09 PM6/28/05
I "unchecked the ReuseWindows" and still had the problem. I then uninstalled
Yahoo Companion (the last thing installed) and all works normal now.

Thanks bunches.
Debbie

Bob Watkinson

Jul 4, 2005, 10:37:37 AM7/4/05

Many thanks from me too. I have the same problem so removed Yahoo and Google
toolbars and all ok now :)