Text Size in Internet Explorer 6

bka...@mindspring.com

Aug 31, 2004, 2:42:50 PM8/31/04
I now always have to adjust my text size from small to medium so I can
read it. How would I set the text size to medium...permanently?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

Grahammer

Aug 31, 2004, 3:41:11 PM8/31/04

<bka...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> I now always have to adjust my text size from small to medium so I can
> read it. How would I set the text size to medium...permanently?

I just asked a very similar question... Try this:

- Close all of your IE windows
- Open REGEDIT
- Browse to the
HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\International\Script
s\3 folder in REGEDOT
- Doubleclick IEFontSize and ensure that it looks like "02 00 00 00"
- Close Regedit.

This should set the default to "medium". I have mine at "03 00 00 00" for
Larger.

Alan Edwards

Aug 31, 2004, 5:10:55 PM8/31/04
If IE-View-Text Size does not stick....

---solution 1
If you are using Eudora 4.2 or greater then use Tools-Options-Viewing
Mail and uncheck "Use Microsoft's viewer"
It is Eudora that is setting the IE text size and unchecking that
option will stop it.

The key that Eudora 4.x will change is this:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\International\Scripts\3]
"IEFontSize"=hex:02,00,00,00

---solution 2
In Outlook 2000 go to Tools/Options/Mail Format/Fonts/International
Fonts, and for each font
change the "Font Size" entry to your desired size.

...Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup,