Help with Page not found at certain sites?

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Feb 22, 2004, 1:53:41 PM2/22/04
I can't view certain web pages on this computer but can on
others. I'm not sure of the common denominator as I can
view SSL sites, ones which use javascript or .asp pages.
One example is www.paypal.com which just gives a page not
found error. Anyone any clues?

war17

Feb 22, 2004, 2:07:51 PM2/22/04
This could be due to the February cumulative update, 832894. Go to Tools >
Options > Advanced. Scroll down to Security section and uncheck "Use SSL
3.0"

--
Warren
For additional help, post in

<anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

Feb 22, 2004, 2:11:53 PM2/22/04
<anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Check for a file named HOSTS with no extension (not Hosts.sam). It may be a
hidden file. Open it with Notepad and remove any line referencing the site.
Or, rename HOSTS to OLDHOSTS

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com