Strange Behavior from IE

Andre

Apr 2, 2003, 2:39:45 AM4/2/03
I'm not entirely sure whether this is dependant upon
css... or whatnot... but I've managed to get IE to crash
every time I hit the back button and the target is a
certain page... yielding this error:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2600.0 ModName:
mshtml.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2600.0 Offset: 0009118f

In order to create this error please follow this link:

http://www.cudelts.org/members.php
and click on a person's name... then click the back
button...

I'm a bit miffed as to how this is occuring... The
problem... after breaking the site into parts seems to be
a combination of the frames used to partition the screen
into parts, as well as being directed back from one of
the "sub" pages. It is definately not the javascript...
as I have tried it with and without... and the error
keeps cropping up. The problem is fixable by upgrading to
the most recent version of IE and installing updates for
XP, but I have yet to find a fix for windows 2000.

Andre

Mike Burgess

Apr 2, 2003, 6:29:09 AM4/2/03
Andre,
Yup, crashed me too (same error)
[WinME | IE6 SP1]

But only happens on the "Names" page .....hmm
Try loading the page without "pphlogger.js"
_______________________________________
Mike Burgess http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 4-01-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--

"Andre" <tha...@skizzers.org> wrote in message

Andre

Apr 3, 2003, 12:08:26 AM4/3/03
I have tried loading it without the pphlogger.js, and it
is definately not
the cause... its related somehow to the frame layout
occuring before the
content starts. Beyond that, I'm unsure as to why it does
crash. As i
said... it doesn't crash for me currently... and i'm
using WinXP | IE6

>.

Mike Burgess

Apr 4, 2003, 1:16:47 AM4/4/03
Andre,
Well at least you know that isn't the cause .....
Maybe run your pages thru the "validator"?
http://validator.w3.org/

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 4-03-03]

"Andre" <ap...@cornell.edu> wrote in message