Help! Entire website address needed to access website http://www.

1 view

Jenny

Apr 17, 2006, 9:28:02 AM4/17/06
Hello, everyone.

We are having problems with Internet Explorer 6 recently--started about a
week ago or so. When we type an address in the address bar, we have to type
the entire web address--not just www.microsoft.com (for example) We have to
type http://www.microsoft.com. Every time! We would like the http:// to be
automatic like before. I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.
--
Hope you have a great day!

T@discussions.microsoft.com Scott T

Apr 17, 2006, 10:06:02 AM4/17/06
Found a second problem referenced in this newsgroup, which led me to the
solution.

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165
"Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install
security update MS06-015".

MAP

Apr 17, 2006, 10:16:36 AM4/17/06

Hi Jenny,
This is caused by a windows update released last tuesday their is an
automatic registry fix for it on line 383 right hand side at this link.

Run the edit even if you do not have the "share to the web" program
installed.
Also if your anti-virus program alerts you of a script trying to run allow
it to do so, these scripts are written by Kelly Theriot, a Microsoft MVP and
a Godsend to these newsgroups!

Or if you wish go to add/remove and uninstall hotfix KB908531 and wait for
a new release to come out by Microsoft.

--
Mike Pawlak

Jenny

Apr 17, 2006, 10:19:01 AM4/17/06
Thanks so much. Shortly after I posted I found the answer in another post.
I am all fixed. Thanks for your time to reply.

--
Hope you have a great day!

MAP

Apr 17, 2006, 10:20:10 AM4/17/06
Jenny wrote:
> Hello, everyone.

Hi Again, The script I mentioned in my other post does the same thing the
Microsoft link Scott T gave you tells you to do.
No worrys!

--
Mike Pawlak