How to uninstall IE 7 Beta 2 Preview

1 view

nmoin...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2006, 5:30:19 AM2/5/06
For anybody that has been getting the following error message when
trying to run Internet Explorer 7

"The procedure entry point
InternetGetSecurityInfoByURLW" could not be located in the dynamic
library
WININET.dll"

And then when trying to uninstall IE 7 altogether gets this error:

Internet Explorer cannot be uninstalled from this user account. Please
log on to the same use account from which it was installed and try
again.

Here is how to uninstall IE 7. It is sort of a hack way of doing it
but it gets IE 7 off ur system.

Goto C:\windows\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\
Copy all the .dll and .exe to
c:\windows\system32\dllcache\
Then goto C:\windows\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\
Right click on spuninst.inf and goto Install
Rename spuninst.txt to spuninst.bat
Run spuninst.bat

And there you go..

Later,
Nathan

PA Bear

Feb 5, 2006, 2:00:14 PM2/5/06
This (and more) is covered in...

IEBlog : Frequently Asked Questions for the IE7 Beta 2 Preview

Beta testers of IE7 Public Preview are asked to post their comments to
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general newsgroup.

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In your newsreader:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

nmoin...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2006, 2:45:28 PM2/5/06
I am sorry but it is not covered there.
IE 7 would not uninstall at all for me it gave me the error

"Internet Explorer cannot be uninstalled from this user account. Please

log on to the same use account from which it was installed and try
again."

I don't see this issue is anywhere in the FAQ. The following
instructions were on howto uninstall it anyways.

PA Bear

Feb 5, 2006, 5:41:34 PM2/5/06
The resolution has been posted repeatedly in IE General.

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

nmoin...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2006, 3:27:39 AM2/6/06
If this is so then provide a link to it where somebody else states that
they have gotten the error

"Internet Explorer cannot be uninstalled from this user account."
And the resolution that was given.

PA Bear

Feb 6, 2006, 12:45:01 PM2/6/06
Please include all of previous message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup.

Beta testers of IE7 Public Preview are asked to post their comments to
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general newsgroup.

First try uninstalling via Add/Remove Programs. (Make sure Show Updates box
is checked)

If IE7 isn't found there, try the following, courtesy of MVP Sandi
Hardmeier:

Run the commandline

%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

(replace %windir% with the path to your Windows folder, most often
c:\windows). Make sure view hidden folders is enabled via Control Panel,
Folder Options.

or

Go to the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Right click on Internet Explorer > New String Value > Name that value
InstalledByUser (the value of the new String should be your User Account
name) > Uninstall IE7 via Add/Remove Programs.

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

nmoin...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2006, 6:48:37 AM2/15/06
Yep your right. I didn't see that solution on the FAQ that I can
remember.
Anyways looks like I uninstalled it the hard way.
L8er.