To uninstall Internet Explorer and reinstall edithon 6

nasser jamal

Dec 7, 2007, 4:30:01 PM12/7/07

-- Dear members,
Yesterday I installed Internet Explorer 7, and it messed things up in my
computer, how can I uninstall it and reinstall edition 6, I hope there is a
way
nasser

Don Varnau

Dec 7, 2007, 5:49:02 PM12/7/07
Simply uninstall IE7 from Control Panel> Add or remove programs and IE6 will
reappear. IE6 is still on your computer.

More: 927177- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"nasser jamal" <nasse...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

nasser jamal

Dec 8, 2007, 7:33:00 AM12/8/07
Thanks for the URL, I did uninstall from control panel, add remove programs,
but it is still there, just one question, have tried I E 7, if so are you
satisfied with it ?
--
nasser

nasser jamal

Dec 8, 2007, 9:01:00 AM12/8/07
Yes, the I E 7, finally was uninstalled, as you advised through add and
remove programs, before I looked to find internet explorer and not windows
internet explorer.
Now, there is no icon on my desktop of I.E., so I went to Display properties
then Desktop, customize, there, there should be four icons and one of them I
E, there are only three, I.E. icon is not there
--
nasser

Don Varnau

Dec 9, 2007, 8:26:02 AM12/9/07
A recent update for Internet Explorer removed that ability to easily put IE
on the desktop.

Tip/fix #100 at http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm should help.