Help me remove old outlook express accounts please

John Jones

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
I have outlook express running on a win98 computer. The problem is that
many people have had access to this machine in the past and have left many
accounts (identities) on the system.

I tried to remove them but am asked for a password which I do not have.

Is there a way of removing these old accounts, or am I stuck with them.

I am not that brilliant on the technical side of things, so if you reply,
please try to do so in plain English.

Thanks in advance

John

Bob Mish

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
OK John-
Try this: When you are in Outlook Express, <click> on Tools, then Accounts,
that will bring up a box with 4 Tabs on it. <click> on the Tab that says
*All* Look there for all the Accounts that you want to get rid of, (Mail,
News, or Directories), & Highlight them, by <click>ing on them,(you can
highlight more than one, by holding down the Ctrl Key [bottom left of your
keyboard] while you are <click>ing, & then hit Delete! (It may ask,"Are you
sure..." If you are sure you want to Delete those Accounts, <click> *Yes* &
that should do it!

"John Jones" <tel...@hot-toast.com> wrote in message

RRR News Info

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
If you are comfortable with editing the registry you should be able to delete the acct info from there. First go to C:\Windows\Application Data\Identities\{Long ID No.}\ and find which identities you are currently using.

As a precaution you should export the registry files before deleting them, to have just in case you need to reinstall them.

Start> Run> type: regedit>
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Long ID No.}\
Delete the Identity keys that you are not using or want.

Then go back to C:\Windows\Application Data\Identities\{Long ID No.}\ and delete those folders. You might want to look at the Outlook Express folder for each of these Identities and see if you want to import the messages into your current application of OE.
--
Add MS News Server to your OE with news://msnews.microsoft.com/

Rich/rerat ICQ# 25518975 USING PB MM955 W98 OE5 & IE5 v5.00.2314.1300
Email Address: re...@information4u.com
(RRR News) <message rule>