RE: GPMC - Error Gnerating HTML Report????

Scott Arnold

Mar 1, 2007, 9:14:02 PM3/1/07
I have the same problem, but mine is only with Vista. I have read that
disabling enhanced security for IE on the DC can fix this, but unfortunately,
I don't have access to the DC.

Are you using Visa and/or XP?

Scott

"Ron Finkelday" wrote:

> Hello World...
>
> I am experiencing an error with the GPMC HTML Report that supplies the
> results of the current policy settings. I have tested GPMC from an XP system
> and also directly from DC.....GPMC generates the error on both.
>

> GPMC Error Displays:
>
> An error occurred while generating report:
> An Unknown error occurred while the HTML report was being created.
>
> I seen a few other postings with users experiencing the same error but there
> is no solution.
>

> Any assistance would on a resolution would be greatly appreciated..
>
> Regards,
> RF

Ron Finkelday

Mar 1, 2007, 10:26:00 PM3/1/07
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your feedback...
I was using XP at the time when this has happend....and during my working on
this did also seem to find that it is relevant the IE Security.....But I
believe it is relevant to IE 7 and not the DC security....even though IE
Security can be tied to DC Policy.

I have not changed anything on the DC but have since did a clean install for
XP ( clean install not relevant to the initial GPMC issue...done the clean
install to get back some PC performance ) at this time all is working well
wth GPMC..

Regards,
Ron

Mike

May 27, 2007, 9:09:52 PM5/27/07

It is tied to IE7. I dont have a fix for it, but...

If you use IE6 to import the security settings, the error corrects itself.
If you use IE7 it comes back..

"Ron Finkelday" <RonFin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ron Finkelday

May 28, 2007, 12:17:01 PM5/28/07
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply is appreciated as I am still wondering what has
caused this issue for some people....

Best Regards,
Ron

Mark Heitbrink [MVP]

May 28, 2007, 12:23:44 PM5/28/07

Ron Finkelday schrieb:

> Thank you for your reply is appreciated as I am still wondering what has
> caused this issue for some people....

Have you tried this? Sometimes it´s only a problem with the
IE Maintainance ... the most buggy CSE ... ;-)

Edit install.ins inside: {GUID of Policy}\User\MICROSOFT\IEAK

[Security Imports]
ImportSecZones=1

Set back to "0"

Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch
Blog: gpupdate.spaces.live.com - english