VISTA build 5308 install error

Paul

Mar 30, 2006, 1:19:02 PM3/30/06
I get the following error:

“An internal setup error occurred while displaying the image selection

wizard.”

And then a follow on error:

“The instruction at 0x77f11912 referenced memory at 0x00000014. The memory

could not be written.”

Any idea how to fix this? I have a Dell GX110 P3 with 512 RAM, a 4.4 GB C

drive (4.4 free space) with an additional 55.8 GB HD and DISC DVD ROM drive.

The machine has a high resolution video card as well. I have installed the

latest version of DirectX and the machine is currently running Windows 2000
Server SP4.

Zack Whittaker (R2 Mentor)

Mar 30, 2006, 3:51:18 PM3/30/06
OK, could well be because the DVD has an error on it. Try reburning the ISO
image of Vista onto a DVD at 2x speed. Also what sometimes helps, is copying
all of the files and folders (maintaining the file structure) onto a folder
on the desktop and running the setup from there :o)

--
Zack Whittaker
» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk

--- Original message follows ---
"Paul" <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Clay Johanson

Apr 4, 2006, 4:17:53 PM4/4/06
You may also want to check to make sure that the CD/DVD setting for
your virtual PC (assuming you're using one) is set to use the PRIMARY
controller, not the secondary one. In the Virtual PC console with the
Vista VM off, click Settings > CD/DVD Drive > clear the "Attach CD or
DVD drive to secondary IDE controller" check box > OK. Then restart the
Vista VM and try again.

Clay Johanson

Apr 4, 2006, 5:03:59 PM4/4/06
Oh, and if you have TWO DVD drives, try the other one.

Kevin John Panzke

Apr 12, 2006, 9:07:48 PM4/12/06
Windows Vista Build 5308 CTP Does Not Support Installing Operating System on
a RAW Disk. You need to Install it on a Formatted Disk (and you need to
Format it with something other than Windows Vista, because the Windows Vista
Formatting Software Does Not Work correctly just yet).