*.tmp is not a valid Win32 resource file

Marcos B.

Jul 27, 2007, 11:04:02 AM7/27/07
I am having the following problem building any project using Visual Studio
2005 on Windows XP:
When I am at work connected to my company's network, everything is fine and
I can build applications successfully. However, if I am not conected to the
company's network I get the following weird and uggly error message EVERY
time:

'C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\...\obj\Debug\CS*.tmp' is not a valid Win32 resource file

This is getting me crazy. I did a repair/reinstall of the 2.0 .NET Framework
and nothing. I installed SP1 and nothing. Then I uninstall VS2005 and
re-installed it but that didn't help either.

I also found some discussions on the web about different versions of
msvcr80.dll but that seems to be ok.

What can this be? Please help!!!

CLC

Sep 10, 2007, 1:02:01 AM9/10/07
Hi! Marcos:

I got the same problem this week, did you solve the problem? If so, could
you please let me know your solution?
Thanks

CLC

jok...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2007, 3:59:56 AM10/25/07
I know this is a old one.
Remove the Application Icon and set it to standard, then it will work.
This is because WinXP do not support icons in the 256x256 format, only
vista does that.
Your Icon should be max 128x128.

Good luck...

mich...@gmail.com