I am stuck! "System is Busy."

Bob and Fran German

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Using Win95 on a Toshiba Sat Prop 435 cds laptop, I just opened to a
System is Busy error message on a blue screen. It says that the system
is busy waiting for the Closed Program Dialog Box to be displayed. It
says you can wait to see if it apprears (which it does not) or you can
restart computer using control, alt, delete. It tried to restart but
cannot. I tried shut down completely by simply turning the computer
off, but it re-opens to the same System is Busy Screen.

I am stuck! Can someone please help me restart or shut down so I can
open to my usual desktop.

Thank you, Fran

Sandra

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
Unplug the laptop, and pull out the battery. If this doesn't work, you may
also have to pull out the bios battery. After reinserting the batteries, the
system should re-start. Keep in mind that the blue screen may have already
cost you some files, and pulling that batteries may make it worst before it
gets better.

"Bob and Fran German" <bobn...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

Ron Martell

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
Turn the computer off and then back on again.
Hold down the Ctrl key as soon as the memory count is finished.
Select Safe Mode from the startup menu.
When the system has finished booting, shut down and restart normally.

This may clear the problem.

If it doesn't, post a further response back here and we will dig
deeper.

Good luck.

Bob and Fran German <bobn...@mediaone.net> wrote:

>Using Win95 on a Toshiba Sat Prop 435 cds laptop, I just opened to a
>System is Busy error message on a blue screen. It says that the system
>is busy waiting for the Closed Program Dialog Box to be displayed. It
>says you can wait to see if it apprears (which it does not) or you can
>restart computer using control, alt, delete. It tried to restart but
>cannot. I tried shut down completely by simply turning the computer
>off, but it re-opens to the same System is Busy Screen.
>
>I am stuck! Can someone please help me restart or shut down so I can
>open to my usual desktop.
>
>Thank you, Fran

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

"Software is a gas. It expands to fill whatever container it is placed in."

Jon-Paul LeClair

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99

Bob and Fran German wrote:

> Using Win95 on a Toshiba Sat Prop 435 cds laptop, I just opened to a
> System is Busy error message on a blue screen. It says that the system
> is busy waiting for the Closed Program Dialog Box to be displayed. It
> says you can wait to see if it apprears (which it does not) or you can
> restart computer using control, alt, delete. It tried to restart but
> cannot. I tried shut down completely by simply turning the computer
> off, but it re-opens to the same System is Busy Screen.
>
> I am stuck! Can someone please help me restart or shut down so I can
> open to my usual desktop.
>
> Thank you, Fran

I know that one...it's a pain!

Most Tosh Laptops have a RESET Pin Button (as I call it) located near the
power button. You'll need a paper clip or pen to get in there to do a
reset and reboot the system. That's the only way I know how to complete a
restart...

Hope that helps you out!