Acronis True Image Upgrade from Ver 8 to Ver 9

Blair

Sep 20, 2005, 4:47:38 PM9/20/05
Has anyone used the new upgrade yet. If so is it worth it ?
Blair

Rick Chauvin

Sep 20, 2005, 8:20:54 PM9/20/05
Blair wrote:
> Has anyone used the new upgrade yet. If so is it worth it ?
> Blair

version 6 series is a classic, and remarkable, ending with v6.0.350 which will
always be my favorite for it's far reaching abilities within a most simple and
easy to use GUI.

version 7 series went through some growing pains in the beginning but ended up
rebounding pretty well and ending with v7.0.0.638

version 8 was the new breed of technology for them and as of today it's version
reaches up to v8.0.0.937 (although version #'s may increase slightly in time
because as they learn of improvements they will still update it in the effort
to leave them fully perfected as they are retired - I like that philosophy and
wish that would catch on with other companies :)

version 9 ...haven't tried it yet and it looks even better... to be
continued...

Rick

Blair

Sep 21, 2005, 9:08:25 AM9/21/05

"Rick Chauvin" <jus...@nospamz.com> wrote in message
I pass this warning on
Blair

Hi Acronis Backup users

A low priced upgrade to version 9 is available for Acronis True Image
version 8 users at their website. It has a number of improvements in
particular faster restoration.

However be careful, if you order the download on line and pay for it, the
invoice does contain the unlock code and the key for version 8 does NOT
UNLOCK version 9.
So you have a hassle with Acronis to get the unlock code - I have not
managed yet. A pity because otherwise it is a very good product but they
have always been week on support.

--
Uncle John

sharl...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2005, 9:47:58 AM9/21/05
Hi , Uncle John!
I upgraded my True Image from 8.0 to 9.0 ver without problem you are
talking about...
It looks pretty good and I think I like it:)
Maybe your problem is connected with serial keys that are necessary for
functioning: if you already had version 8.0, uninstalled it and want to
install 9.0 upgrade you need all keys - TI 8.0 serial number and TI 9.0
upgrade serial number. If you had TI 7.0 you need TI 7.0, TI 8.0
upgrade and TI 9.0 upgrade correspondingly etc.
Nevertheless you ought to make a request to their official support
forum
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
if you have any problems. You are little wrong it has great support and
one guy worked 2(!) days long with me there and even sent me special
ISO for improvement.
So I'm sure they will help you.